Author's Note

"There are stories you hear or read about that stay in your heart."

Some stories teach you a valuable lesson. Some explain certain events in a romanticized manner. Others simply give you a warm feeling of happiness and joy... to help you get through a difficult day.

As I have stated in the description beforehand, this is MY OWN VERSION of the story, not the original one.

I suggest further searches on Google to give you a more acurate account of Sidapa and Bulan's love story.

Much as I've tried to stick as close to the original one as possible, there are noticeable differences and variations along my narrative that you will encounter.

In every account, this particular myth tells of how the god of death became enamored of the moon god and married him to live happily ever after atop their own mountain called, Madjaas.

As mentioned as well, this is an age old folktale... one that has found a place so dear, and so close to the hearts of my people.

In sharing this story, I hope to give you a glimpse of how strongly my people and I believe that love can transcend difficulties to reach a happy ending.

"That in reality... it is possible to reach for the moon."

Much love to everyone reading this. <3

M&M