Twenty-Three

Leah POV
I sat in the waiting room anxiously. Brooklyn was in the other room having her audition first because she 'wanted to show the judges that there was no point in letting me audition 'cause she's all they need'.
"Hey, you alright?" I looked up.
Noah was busy filming the first few scenes and couldn't come to help me, so instead Bryce decided to tag along with me.
"Yeah, I'm good. Just really nervous." I chuckled. "Anyways, how's filming your new movie going?"
Bryce sighed deeply,
"Oh man, my co-star's so annoying. She doesn't leave me alone, always trying to make conversation with me when I don't want to." I frowned,
"Come on Bryce, she can't be that bad. Stop being so mean." He just rolled his eyes.
" Leah?" Bryce and I looked up to find one of the directors at the door. Bryce grabbed my hand before I got up and said,
"Just remember, breath, stay calm and try your hardest to really feel the part. Good luck!" I smiled and nodded as he let go of my hand.
As I go into the room, Brooklyn strutted past me and said in the most annoying mocking tone ever,
"gOoD LUcK! yOu'LL nEEd iT!" I just rolled my eyes at her and took a deep breath.
I decided I was going to act out one of the more emotional scenes because although I don't think Brooklyn will be THAT good, I've got to make sure I 'wow' them enough to not even consider her.
I picked up the phone and got myself ready.
"No Mum please don't leave me again!" Tears were swelling up in my eyes and my lip was trembling.
"Please Mum..." I fell onto the floor and cried my heart out. The phone was shaking near my ear.
"I-i don't wanna be alone again please, your the only light left in life, when Dad left, your smile telling me it was going to be okay when we both knew it wasn't... It was all I needed. Please don't leave." I clutched onto the phone harder.
"NO! MUM DON'T HANG UP PLEASE! I-" I didn't speak for a moment then dropped the phone slowly onto the ground. Then I whispered quietly, tears still streaming down my eyes,
"I've done it. I've lost everyone."
There was a silence for a while before a slow clap. I stood up and wiped my tears. The judges seemed pretty impressed.
"Thanks for that touching performance, Leah. We'll announce the winner of the role on Monday." I smiled, said thank you then walked out feeling proud.

So that's it for this chapter! I'm sorry it's super short but by demand I wanted to give you guys something! I'm sorry I always leave this story hanging for months, but I promise I'll try to at least update every month! Anyways who do you think will win the roll?! 🙊 -Faye