Chapter 10: Creative Clock, Tick Tock

Paige, Paige, Paige. Valentine's, Valentine's, Valentine's. Tick, tock, tick, tock, meh, meh, mEH, MEH, MEH, MEH, MEH!

"Shhhhh." My head is pulled into something soft and pillowy, and I look up to see Paige hugging me, running her fingers through my hair. I sigh, and slump in my chair.

"Thank you, Paige," I say to Paige, placing my head in my right hand. Paige massages my shoulders, and whispers to me.

"Tony, calm down. You've been super tense, and it's worrying all of us. Please, calm down. Don't stress too much, okay?" Paige hugs me, and then planted a kiss on my head. She walked out of the room, her billowing white skirt trailing after her.

I get up and lock the door, and pull out the clock in my drawer. I set to work on it, carving out little intricate metal designs into it and drilling holes for colored pencils and markers on the sides. I use two small wooden pencils and place them as the hands on the clock, and that when they move in a circle they leave a light mark right below or next to the numbers. I place them one over the other in the center and drill a hole in the ends and into the clock, then take out a screw from my drawer. I screw the pencils on, and brush off random wood chips.

I admire my handiwork; a nicely sized clock, about a little bigger than a dinner plate. There are two parts, an inner ring and an outer ring. The outer ring holds an indent in the middle for me to place the inner ring and seal it in place. The inner ring where the time is shown and the pencil hands tick and tock is made out of copper, which I coated in a gloss to give it an almost sparkling effect. The outer edges are made of bronze, with little designs carved into the clock, making beautiful leaves and spirals and swirls. I plan on borrowing some paint from Paige and splattering small drops on the outer ring.

I get back to work, rolling my chair closer to the desk again, and crouching over my gift to Paige. I think that I have done a good job on this, I have made many clocks in my time but none this, how would Paige say?

Creative.