"Akemi L/n?" One of the nurses calls out, looking down to my nervous son I grin and hold his hand firmly giving him a squeeze to tell him it'll be okay.

Will it really?

"Ma'am don't be alarmed this is something we do to every quirk test." Nodding respectfully to the nurse he continued on as she put her white gloves on.

"If it is the worst would you like him in the room when you figure out or..."

Looking down to Akemi then the nurse I thought on it for another minute before deciding. He can have a quirk, but there's still a possibility he won't. "I don't want him in the room." I finalize.

As we took a few X-Rays of the tiny nervous boy the both of us were sent out into the waiting room to wait anxiously on the results.

Was I ready for the worst to come?

What if he is quirkless? How will I tell him?

Shaking my head while tuning out the worst of the possibilities they called me back in for the results. "I'll be right back Akemi, play with your Ground Zero toy alright?"

He looked up to me nodding before looking down to his toy. Patting his head I went back in preparing myself.

Guiding me through the procedure I knew right from when they turned on the screen where the joints were supposed to be, and how many, he had the additional joint in his small toe....he's quirkless.

My eyes grew from my skull before I found my self trying to calm down I can't make it obvious for the boy.

"So you're aware Miss. L/n?" The doctors hands held together with firm lips, it's not every day a doctor has to reveal this type of news.

"I am Doctor." Looking down to my hands then to a hopeful Akemi through the window. our stare soon broke me being too worked up to stare him in the eyes. Like I failed him, I have to keep my composure. I'll tell him, I just need to ask Bakugo for advice he's a pro, someone I always looked up to, someone I always stayed up late at night wondering what I'd say if I knew him, now my child not only admires him just as much as me, he's a father figure to him.

Leaving the office Akemi had the gist of my mood completely clueless as to what reason I had been upset.

My dry throat accompanied with my stinging eyes threatening to ball right onto the small boy, wanting to protect my only son, my world.

"Want to go see Urara?" My knuckles white as my grip tightens on the wheel driving towards the place I never thought I'd go to when I need it most.

"Sure." Akemi dryly replies back looking outside to the rain.

Taking deep breaths I tried to change my train of thought away from Akemi's news. He was really quirkless, and I couldn't do anything about it.

Hearing the faint rain slowly becoming heavier, the lightning in the distance, the normal sound of police and ambulance cars passing by. Surprising me a family of three pass my car in a hurry trying to shield from the rain. I smash the breaks hitting my forehead onto the wheel, groaning I rubbed my head before looking towards the civilians, the father holding up his coat barely covering himself. Holding out a hand for me I smile and nod letting them pass safely towards their car, the mother protectively holding their daughter obviously not wanting her to catch a cold in the weather.