Chapter Two (2).

Mommy To the
Rescue
———

T H E O N L Y
the thing I managed to get ahold of was her hair, I grit my teeth harshly grabbing ahold of her ponytail. Hopefully, my quirk was fast enough that she hadn't felt it. The two of us tumbled a bit from the bolder hitting the ground, cutting me in a few places. Turning my quirk off my heart was beating throughout my body. I tried getting up but found my entire leg gushing blood. The pain finally surged throughout my body. The girl tightly held around my arms. The Shaking and collapsing of the mall had finally come to a halt, all I could hear was small rocks hitting the ground, the firefighters in the distance and a girl crying into my chest. I took a look at her before letting out a relieved cry seeing she didn't have a single scratch on her. "It's alright." I muster out rubbing her back before all my senses slowly disperse, unable to keep in contact with my true surroundings.

"She'll be okay." Voices whisper above me.

"MOMMY!" A cry rang through my sensitive ears.

"What do we do about this kid? He's refusing to leave." Voices, again murmuring above me. Annoying.

"I'll take care of the brat." Someone's awfully familiar voice rang through my ears. Whoever they were, they were at the tip of my memory.

"Mommy?" A sad Akemi tugs on my elbow, I felt his warmth slowly being tugged away.

"Don't bother her while she's like this."

"Why Daddy?" A small females voice now entered the conversation.

"Because she can get cranky like Daddy!" They exclaim to the small girl.

Feeling my body coming back to its senses, my eyes flew open, jolting straight up. Heavy breathing I took a look around my surroundings.

"Get out for a second." A voice ushers what I presume was instructing Akemi and a small girl. My eyes adjust to the lighting. A hand softly grasps my shoulder. "Sit back." The person 'tch'd' in annoyance by my actions. Listening I look over to them. My eyes then grew from my skull, it was him. His signature messy blond hair, the deep red eyes I've always looked up too. His furrowed brows looked to me in confusion, I look at his arm, the exact scars I'd seen on the news one straight through his knuckles another going from his elbow to wrist, it was him, Ground Zero. Frantically looking around the room, white walls with a hint of yellow on the sides, a hospital? Looking down at my body there were a few wires connected to my arms bandages and stitches around my forearm and leg, Dressed in a blue gown I closed my eyes trying to collect my memories on why I'm here and not the mall. Then like water splashing you in the morning, everything came flowing back to me. The little girl, overusing my quirk.

A few doctors came and watched over me for an hour or two. The male I had last imagined to be here exited the room. My eyes didn't leave him while he left. Why was he here? Was I hallucinating? I blink a few times. Before turning away.

Clearing my dry throat I decide to question the doctors. "How did I end up here?" A woman working on my arm thought for a moment before answering.

"Your child kept crying about you being in the mall. Firefighters had been looking for you for ages, until..." She trails off her sentence fixing a stitch in my arm before standing straighter and slipping two blue gloves off her hands. "Until Ground Zero here found you." My breathing stopped and my eyes welling up. The woman and a male doctor tending me panicked a bit. "Ma'am? Are you alright?" I nod my head before rubbing my eyes roughly.