•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊/𝕻𝖗𝖊𝖑𝖚𝖉𝖊•

Start from the beginning

The moment Javier was stretchered off of the ambulance he was raced to a room-multiple surgeons and doctors crowding around him.

The multiple tubes and needles that were connected to him resembled that of something out of a movie.

Throughout all of this commotion-Javier was alone.

No Mr.Jay

No Coach

Nobody knew he was alive, that the void they felt wasn't even real.

After about 4 hours the surgery was finally over-the bullet was successfully removed. However Javier was still asleep-his abdomen heavily bandaged.

The moment I got off the phone with André everything truly began to set in-I gripped the chain around my neck and sighed

I stood up and made my way to the bathroom, taking a quick shower before flopping down in my bed-which felt more foreign if anything.

Before I knew it I was off to sleep, dead to the world-numb to my problems.

I don't know how long I got to sleep before my phone buzzed-waking me from it.

As physically and mentally exhausted as I was, I didn't even check who it was before answering.

"Hello?" I answered-voice rough and hoarse.

"Is this a Mr. Joshua Hoseok?" An unknown voice asked over the phone.

"Who's asking?"  I Responded.

"Hello sir, I'm a doctor at the Hospital of Downtown Santa Clara-are you familiar with 16 year old Javier Diez?"

I began to feel a tugging at my heart at the sound of that name-what happened to Javier was terrible.

"Y-yes sir." I responded, voice shaky under the heavy sadness.

"Can I ask why you're asking?" I added

"He told us to call you-we cannot release him unless he's with an adult. Not to mention his citizenship-to be honest I'm suppose to call the police or child services but the young man begged me, even in his weak state, to call you. Are you willing t-"

"I'm on my way." I said quickly-hanging up and calling my sister.

"Freya-I need to take me somewhere, it's an emergency."

"Woah slow down Josh, I thought you wanted to be alone."

"Look Freya something came up and I don't have time to explain, j-just come get me please..." I begged, since my car had been destroyed the day I met Rodrigo, I had no way of transportation.

I'd barely been back a day and my life was already back on the rails.

"Okay just give me a sec to get dressed and I'll be over there to get you." She responded.

"Thanks," I said breathlessly before hanging up.

I paced back and forth-fiddling with my hands as I waited for the sound of Freyas horn.

Multiple thoughts ran through my head as I waited, so many that couldn't even comprehend them all.

I just knew one thing-I hoped that he was okay.

It was true that Javier spent more time with Clare, yes, due to their training of course.

However whatever connection they shared, whether it be mentor, or parental-I felt it too, I cared about him just as much.

A loud stern knock caused me to jump out of my thoughts

Quickly I grabbed my phone and all my personal records before making my way downstairs.

I looked out my window, but didn't spot Freyas car-confusing me.

There was a black van however-one that wasn't familiar, and if there's anything I'd learned these last couple of months it was to be cautious.

When there was another knock my breath hitched.

Slowly, I approached the door-watching at the knob cautiously before bringing my eye to the peep hole.

As I made out the blurry figure my eyes widened-mouth almost dropping simultaneously.

I backed up quickly and swung the door open-revealing the man I was sure I'd said my final goodbye too.

"Clare..." I said lowly watching as he stood, his face masked with nerves as he waited for my reaction.

"Hey baby...." He replied simply, engulfing me in his arms.

His warmth wrapping around me as I melted into him.

I had no idea how he was here, but in the moment I didn't care.

His scent, his body, his very presence calmed me.

It felt as if the universe tried so hard to keep us separate-but we always found our way back to each other.

The universe tried so desperately to Ruin Us.

To Ruin the love we took so long to conjure.

•RUIN 🥀US•