Traverse Town (part 2)

"As you might've realized, there are other worlds other than this world and yours." Yuffie sat down next to Sora on the bed as she explained to the duo. "The existence of other worlds has always been kept secret since they've never been connected. That is...until now."

"Rein." Rein and Sora looked up at Leon who was looking at Rein. "You mentioned that you and your friends were working on a raft that you were going to use to travel to other worlds. How did you find out about the existence of other worlds?"

"Our friend Kairi is from another world." Everyone looked at Sora who answered Leon's question instead of Rein. "She suddenly appeared in our world. But she didn't have any memories of where she came from. Since we met, we have all been thinking of travelling to see what the other worlds were like."

"I doubt you would be able to travel between worlds on a simple raft. Especially since the worlds weren't even connected. Right, Leon?"

"She's right. But now the worlds are connected thanks to the appearance of the Heartless."

"The Heartless?"

"They're those shadow creatures we've been fighting. Remember, Sora?"

"The Heartless are attracted to the darkness in people's hearts."

"There's darkness in every heart."

"If there's darkness in every heart," Rein stood up with her hand placed where her heart is. "Then pretty much everyone is a target for the Heartless. How did the Heartless suddenly appear? Where did they come from?"

"Have you ever heard of someone named Ansem? He was studying the Heartless. He recorded all of his findings in a detailed report. Unfortunately, its pages have been scattered in all the worlds. It'll be really hard to find all of them."

"So without Ansem's report we have no clue as to where the Heartless came from and why they're suddenly appearering?" Rein sat back down on the chair and looked at Sora's Keyblade. "What about the Keyblade? I've seen it destroy Heartless, but is that all it can do? You mentioned that the Heartless were using it to track down Sora. Does that mean he'll always be in danger as long as he has it?"

"The Heartless have a great fear of the Keyblade. That's why they'll keep coming after you, no matter what. And Rein too as long as she's with you."

"Well I didn't ask for this."

"The Keyblade chooses its master. And it chose you."

"So tough luck."

"How did all this happen? I remember being in my room...*gasp* Wait a minute! What happened to our home? The island? Riku! Kairi!"

Hearing about her home, reminded Rein the guilt she felt for keeping the feeling she felt from her friends. She walked out of the room without saying a word. Sora was about to go after her, but Leon stood in his way.

"She's going to need some time alone. Rein feels the same way you're feeling about both of your losses. It's best that you leave her alone for a while."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rein was walking around town when she suddenly felt another bad feeling, similar to the one she felt on the island. But this time the feeling was coming from inside the hotel. She ran back to the hotel and to where the heart in danger was. She was getting really worried when she realized that the feeling led her towards Sora's room. When she got there, she found a dog-like person and a duck standing in front of the open door to Sora's room.

"Oh no! Sora!" Rein ran into the room and found it empty of people. "Where did everybody go?" She turned around to face the dog and duck. "Excuse me? Did you see a boy around my age holding a Keyblade?"