study group

since i'm going back to school in less than a month
:((
.
.
.

Violently throwing stuff out of your bookbag, you expected the usual outcome of the math exam at the end of the semester. You hated math, you can never focus on it and asked yourself if it was really necessary to use the traditional math methods in everyday life as you think it would be no use for it.

And here you are, in the library tapping the pencil on the corner of the table vigorously as you painfully struggled to find a way to solve the questions in the textbook, regretting not taking notes in the earlier class.

A fellow schoolmate noticed your distress and asked if you needed help, but you shook your head and politely thanked her as she walked away. You felt dumb and embarrassed, so you didn't want to receive any help from others.

Your phone buzzed under your notebook, and you swiftly picked up to reveal your group chat to be talking about studying, which you rolled your eyes. Scrolling through the chat, you decided to take a few minute break from the harsh and difficult math questions that were killing you from the inside.

Kuboyasu: Is it me or studying for another 3 hours for this exam not worth it at all bc we all know that imma fail it

Kaidou: Not just you, I'm probably gonna fail too

Yumehara: hehe we'll all be expecting that you're gonna fail it aren

Kuboyasu: Nendou is gonna fail too, we can't doubt it

Nendou: Hey pals wanna get some ramen

Kaidou: Sorry Nendou, we can't, we all have to go study

Saiki: Will you guys talk to each other in another group chat? I'm trying to study

Kuboyasu: Do you understand any of the questions?

Yumehara: ah no, i'm trying to T-T

Then it hit you, since everyone is struggling with the same topic might as well help each other out.

(L/N): hey guysss

Almost everyone in the groupchat sprang into life once you greeted them.

Yumehara: (Y/N) chan!!!

Kaidou: Hey how you been

Saiki: What a nuisance.

Kuboyasu: You finally decided to answer us thank god can I borrow your notes later

Nendou: Hey buddy :)))

(Y/N): ha no i'm struggling on the test too, it's too hard lol

Yumehara: awhh, even the smart kid can't solve these either T-T what to do!!

(Y/N): you guys wanna study altogether? study group later at my place? i think i have a few methods that can possibly work for the test tomorrow because it's too hard and i want to cheat on it

Saiki: ...

Kaidou: Heck yeah!!

Kuboyasu: LoL sure I need all the knowledge I can swallow from you

Yumehara: (Y/N) chan saved the day :DD

Nendou: Is there gonna be ramen over there

Rolling your eyes for what it seems like the 3628273 time today, you replied with

(Y/N): k see y'all at my place in 10 minutes

And with that, you started packing up for the long trek home.
.
.
.

You were greeted by your friends surrounding your doorstep, and they cheered as soon as you open the door as all of them clamored inside.

"Ah~ This is it." Kuboyasu, Kaidou, and Nendou comfortably nestled themselves on your couch, and you flicked their foreheads in annoyance, which they all let out a small yelp of surprise.

"You guys aren't here to relax, we gotta study." You scolded at them, while Yumehara snickered behind you, Kaidou sending a death glare at her. Finally, the boys rose up and walked slowly to your dining table, which to your surprise Saiki and Yumehara were already starting to work.

You were seated right in the middle of Kuboyasu and Saiki, and the others seated the opposite of your side. low chatter and unanswered questions filled the atmosphere between all of you, everyone confused on one thing, you attempted to use the methods that you learned earlier to answer the questions and learn the algorithm easily, and you were actually surprised on how it was efficient and easy it was.

Kuboyasu suddenly noticed this and poked your cheek to get your attention. "(Y/N) how did you get that, I've been stuck on those questions since forever." Everyone suddenly peered at your paper and stared in awe.

"(Y/N) clearly knows what she's doing," Kaidou complimented, making your face blush a light tint of pink. "Would you mind teaching us?"

Saiki uncomfortably shifted in his seat, making you concerned. "Saiki, do you need help?" You asked him politely, seemingly he ignored you.

You shrugged, and began to explain the method you used to solve the questions shown on the study paper. The others "ooh"d and "awe"d in amazement, admiring how you were intelligent in these kinds of things. In a few moments time, they all began to use the methods precisely on how you told them to do.

"Wow! This makes it so much easier!" Yumehara chimed, making you smile. "You're a really clever girl, thanks a lot for helping us out!"

You blushed again at the kind compliment, and tucked a stray strand of hair behind your ear. "It really is nothing, I just used a method that I learned from a book."

"But it really is genius, it's way easier than what our teacher teached us." Kaidou placed his pencil down beside his notebook, and softly grabbed your empty hand and shook it gently as a way to show his gratitude. "You're really smart (Y/N), keep doing what you're doing." Yumehara agreed and nodded vigorously, whilst Nendou just sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

"Thanks guys." You smiled warmly at them.

Another stray strand of hair went on to your face, and before you can act, the purple haired boy beside you tousled your hair into a low ponytail, using a hairband that was left on the tabletop before him.
"There, now you can work better." He examined his work on your hair while you touched your sleek hair that was newly tied into a perfect ponytail by the boy next to you.

The others saw this random act of affection, and teased you guys for it.

"Kuboyasu, that was really sweet of you to do that for (Y/N)!" Yumehara clasped her hands in admiration. "Are you two secretly going out?"

The pink haired boy on your left stiffened as well as the boy on your right.

The table broke out into hums of teasing, leaving out a person in particular. Kuboyasu scratched the back of his neck sheepishly as you shook your head as a sign of no, perpetually blushing harder than before, but the others took it as a sign of extreme denial.

"Guys, it was only just a small act, her hair kept on going onto her face." Kuboyasu explained. "We're nothing more than friends, just people who get along well."

For some reason, your heart pinched a bit.

"Yeah, only friends." You agreed with his statement, but something inside deeply opposed it.

"Hm, if you say so." Kaidou raised a brow suspiciously as everyone began to work again.

"Excuse me." The pink haired male stood up and briskly walked away from the table as if he was going to use the bathroom.

You sighed and shook away the thought of Kuboyasu seeing you as a friend. You couldn't really focus on studying either so you excused yourself as well and use the bathroom after Saiki did, or so you thought.

You caught up with him when you two were out of sight, then it hit you.

"Saiki, that's not the way to the bathroom."