Chapter 13 - Double Booked

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for the meal Kacchan" I smiled, hugging him.
"Just eat shitty Deku" he muttered, looking away. He's so shy about us in public and it's absolutely adorable! I sat down next to him, in front of Kirishima. I took a big bite, my mouth instantly put aflame.
"This is so spicey" I breathed.

"You don't like it?" Kacchan asked, sounding a little down by my comment. Oh no, did I hurt his feelings?! Crap!
"N-no, no, it's really good!" I said quickly.
"Don't lie to me" he hissed, glaring at me.
"It's just a little spicey, but it's really good Kacchan, I swear" I said with a smile.
"It reminds me of you"

This made him blush a light pink and Kirishima laughed.
"S-shut up!" he hissed, turning away and munching on his food. I chuckled, eating the rest of my dinner. Kirishima was talking over our silence and soon everyone in class 1-A was eating. Everyone except Jirou... Why wasn't she coming downstairs? Most people weren't mad at her anymore for the spying... Maybe I should go see her after dinner? Tell her that it's okay and we can be friends again? Well, assuming she hasn't spied on people that is.

"Oi Deku, help me with the dishes" Kacchan said, standing up with his and Kirishima's plate.
"O-okay" I said, jumping up after him. I wasn't expecting that question. More of a demand but you know. Kacchan started washing the plates and I grabbed a towl.
"So, uhm, I was wondering..." I muttered.
"D-do you maybe, I-I don't know, wanna uh g-go out with me this w-weekend? L-like a movie o-or something?"

"Why so nervous?" he chuckled.
"I'm your fucking boyfriend, ain't I? Besides, I was gonna ask you the same question"
"Really?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah... I was thinking dinner or something? But we can do the movie too"
"Sounds like fun!" I smiled as he handed me the first plate. I took it and started drying it off.
"So Saturday?"

"Okay. I chose the movie" he stated.
"You can pick the restaurant. I'm paying for everything"
"What? No, at least let me pay for-"
"I'm paying, end of discussion" he hissed, drying his hands and leaving the kitchen.

I frowned a little. Did I anger him somehow? We were just talking about a date, why would he storm off like that? I sighed, guess Kacchan is just always swiming in anger when he's in public... That's why I absolutely have to talk to him alone.
"Here, let me help you" Todoroki said, arriving with more dishes. He started washing the plates and glasses as I dried them off and put them back in the cabinets.

"So how was your date with Momo?" I asked quietly.
"Good" he answered, knowing I knew about it.
"How are you and Bakugou?"
"Well, uhm, I think we have a date this weekend" I muttered.
"You think?" he asked confused.

"You know Kacchan... Not one to express his feelings very clearly" I said with a forced chuckle.
"True, but I thought he'd be honest with you like he is with Kirishima" he answered.
"You'd expect that huh?" I muttered. So why not..? Sometimes I just don't understand Kacchan at all... But I know he does everything with a reason. Everything has an ulterior motive. And that's why I accept it. If he doesn't deem me worthy, then so be it...

"For an outsider, it seems as though he prefers Kirishima over you" Todoroki continued.
"And I know the two of you have an uncommon and complicated relationship due to your past together, but it still concerns me"
"You think he's betraying me with Kiri?" I gasped surprised.
"I know it's not what you want to hear, but yes" he stated, finishing up his part of the dishes.

"Be careful Midoriya. I don't want to see you get hurt because of him"
"Yes, thank you for the warning. I'll be fine" I smiled, watching him walk off with uncertainty. I sighed. Guess he does make some valid points... But I'm not worried. Kacchan isn't one to cheat. If anything that's what he despises most in life. So I'll be fine. We have a date this weekend and then we'll be able to talk to each other like we did Sunday evening on that bench outside. Freely, without limitations to our true feelings.