Fourty

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

FLASHBACK . . . SEVEN YEARS AGO

As I exited the school, I spot Jae walking home with Jimin. 'At least she's safe.' I thought.

I turned the opposite direction, making my own way home.

Throughout my journey home, my thoughts were only filled with Jae. Am I in love with her that much? I guess being in love is the best feeling in the world, but in my situation I can't fall in love with her nor will I ever be with her. It's like a crime to fall in love with her.

I hope she gets home safely though.

As I almost reached home, I spotted someone from a distance just staring at me with a stern yet evil look. My heart thumped in fear knowing who it is.

My breathing quickened as I stared at the figure in utter horror. Am I being stalked now, too?

I gulped and walked away, not giving the figure another glance.

Why is this happening to me? Why?

END OF FLASHBACK . . .

As I play with Mae and Ava, I glance at Jae from time to time. She chats to Mark on the phone with a huge smile on her lips.

Honestly, how did he manage to snatch away the woman I love and my daughters? The audacity of that jerk-

"Uncle Taetae, we finish making the castle." Ava said, pointing at the castle with a huge smile.

I grin and pick both of them up, sitting them down on my lap. I hug them and praise them as to how brilliantly they set up the kingdom.

They giggle and clap their hands.

Jae hangs up the phone and takes the twins to the kitchen to eat. I stand up and follow them. She gives them sandwiches for lunch. Taking a seat beside Mae, I notice that she eats messily but in a cute way while Ava eats properly and makes sure that the crumbs fall on her plate instead of the table. I smile to myself, thinking how opposite they are.

Jae lets out a sigh. "Maemae, I told you many times to eat properly. Look, you're creating a mess, baby." She says, while brushing the crumbs of the table with her hands and throws the crumbs in the bin.

"I sorry, mummy. You feed me?" Mae asks, eating in pout.

My heart melts at her cuteness, making me want to just pick her up in my arms and feed her while playing with her.