Chapter 2

"Dad, do you have to go?"

"Yes Hazel," clay sighed "but I will only be gone for a week. There's no need to worry."

"Ok but I'll miss you"

"I'll miss you too Hazel, bye"

"Bye dad" Hazel said sadly as her dad walked off to board the plane. She had never really been apart from her dad for that long of a time. Her stomach sank from the thought of anything bad happening to her father.
***
"So my dad has no explanation for not telling us sooner" Hazel said to Sawyer as she was cleaning the dolphin pool.

"Oh that's weird" said Sawyer as he was helping clean the pool.

"Yeah really weird," an awkward pause took place "So have you met Charlotte and Chase yet?"

"Well I've met Charlotte but not Chase. I haven't really seen him."

"You know what, come to think of it neither have I. Do you think we should talk to Phoebe?"

"Probably not; he could just be sick or something. I'm sure it's fine."

"You're right he's probably sick."

"Hazel I need to tell you something"

"Yes?" Hazel saying confused.

"Sawyer!" Phoebe yelled from Clay's office. "Sawyer come here please!"

"Yes Phoebe?" Sawyer said walking into Clay's office.

"This is Chase and Charlotte. They're our new employees"

"Oh yeah Hazel told me about y'all. I've met Charlotte but never had the pleasure to meet Chase."

"Hi I'm Chase and I like to care for the turtles."

"You know me, but I really like dolphins"

"Well it's very nice to meet y'all," Sawyer's phone rang. It was his mom."Excuse me I have to take this," Sawyer answered his
Phone. His mom told him to get home as soon as possible. He was so confused and began to got worried. "I have to go"

"Why are you leaving so early?" Phoebe

"I don't know"

"What was that about?" Hazel asked.

"Oh I was just meeting Chase and Charlotte"

"Ok and what were you about to tell me"

"Oh nothing, but I have to go see you, later?"

"Why are you leaving so early"

"I don't know my mom called me and told me to come home as soon as possible"

"Can you come by my house later"

"Yeah sure why"

"I'll tell you when you get there" Hazel knew there was something up with Sawyer but she couldn't figure out what. She kind of got worried that something bad was happening with him.
***
"Hey Mom" Sawyer said as he walked in to the house. "Why did you need me here?"

"I told you last week I'm having my boss over for dinner remember?"

"Oh I'm sorry I totally forgot"

"It's fine honey"

The dinner was great; They had spaghetti and meatballs. Sawyers mom had her boss over so she had a better shot at getting a promotion at work. Now after this dinner she thinks she will be promoted to head nurse. She is very excited and so is Sawyer. Now that her boss was gone Lorraine had something she wanted to talk about with Sawyer.

"So did you tell her?"

"No mom I didn't, I got nervous every time I said something."

"ok son"

"Mom I have to go. I told Hazel I would meet her at her house, bye."
***
(Bold is Hazel, Regular font is Charlotte)

No one likes you Hazel. Sawyer only hangs out with you because your dad owns the business, Charlotte texted Hazel.

Why would you say that, Sawyer is my best friend. I thought you were my friend too, Hazel replied really hurt and crying in her room on the floor.

Sawyer doesn't like you as a friend and definitely not more than that.

Hazel didn't answer she just continued on the floor sobbing. She thought to herself "what If that's what Sawyer was trying to tell her today. What if he didn't want to be friends anymore or tell me that he never was my friend."
—————————————————————
Author's note
How are y'all liking this book so far?
What do you think should happen next?
I really hope you like this book thank you
                    Love,
                               Kyla grace