one. mono = hot?

i. the promised land

chapter one, mono = hot?

CAMILLA JONES IS an outcast. She moved to La Push with her brother only a couple of years ago to take care of her grandma (Will is lucky she loves Nana so much), and boy, did she hate it. Sure, she loves the amount of lush greenery hat surrounds her, so very different than New York, plus the beach within walking distance from her Nana's house?? Sign her up. But she hates small towns. She hates the gossip, and knowing everyone, and hearing everyones business. It was draining. So, she was hyped when she realized no one wanted to be her friend. It literally put a pep in her step. She doesn't know if it's her personality or her looks (doubtful), but she could not care less. If anything, she welcomed the solitude that she never received in New York. The cherry on top was when she made one singular friend, Julio, who was just as hated, if not more, by the entirety of La Push high.

(Sure she talks to Jacob Black but thats strictly because of her Nana being family friends with his dad. His friends are annoying.)

She may enjoy solitude but not isolation guys!

So, in a sense, she outcasted herself. Which gives her no right to be talking about Paul Lahote the way she and Julio were. But hey, he literally uses women so she really does not care.

"Ew, he has fucking mono? Maybe that'll teach him to keep it in his pants." Camilla said with her nose scrunched up in disgust. Julio sat besides her, cigarette in hand as he nodded excitedly.

"Yeah, man, I heard from my coworker who he slept with and she was all mad. It was fucking funny." He recalled with a grin as smoke bellowed from his lips, passing it to Camilla. She shook her head as she reapplied her lip gloss.

"Dude, no. I'm not hitting that with my lip gloss on. You know I hate how soggy it feels." Julio only shrugged his shoulders as he took another puff. Camilla only continued. "Maybe La-whore will stop using women as play things and learn to, gasp, respect them?"

Julio snorted. "This has gotta be divine punishment." He laughed at his own joke with the shake of his head. Camilla grinned at him in amusement as she pushed herself off the bench they were sitting on with a stretch.

"No wonder he hasn't been in class." She mused and Julio only rolled his eyes.

"Like we even go to class." Camilla put her face in her hands and groaned.

"Do not remind me. Will has been getting on me for it. I actually have to go to English today. Shakespeare is so boring." Ever since Mr. Bride decided to email her brother directly and snitch her out like the rat he is, Will has been on her ass making damn well she goes to school on time and attends every class, including P.E.

Before Julio could respond, the sound of the bell rang in the distance and the two sighed dejectedly. Time for their math class. Julio stood up and stomped out his cigarette before swinging his bag over his shoulder and passing Camilla her messenger bag.