She blushed a little, but snapped out of it when Jacob spoke, "But, I'm not a wizard."

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I can't still help you."

Anna bent down and pulled against Jacob's collar to look at the bite that was so prominent. She scrunched her brow as she tried to ignore how the No-Maj's staring was making her self-conscious, not to mention Mr. Scamander silently watching her every move.

"Your hands are really cold, Anna."

"Sorry about that. They usually are, I can't seem to warm them up." She then giggled when Jacob lifted his mug of hot chocolate and pressed it against her working fingers. Anna caught out of the corner of her eye Mr. Scamander perking up a bit.

"You know you're really pretty," Jacob said, as Anna fiddled with some things in her kit. She pushed Mr. Kowalski's hands down - moving the mug out of the way.

"You think so?" Anna blushed. No one ever called her that, then again, the man before her was loopy on one thing or another. "What bit you here? Do you know?"

Jacob suddenly got a frightened look on his face and Mr. Scamander spoke up quickly, "I believe it was a sort of dog."

Anna was startled at him addressing her, but she continued quietly, "The teeth marks look to be too sharp for a dog. A dog bite wouldn't affect a No-Maj like this."

Mr. Scamander remained still for just a moment before speaking again, louder and sharper than the first time.

"I think Mr. Kowalski is actually quite alright. He just needs a bit of rest. I don't believe he requires anymore of your services. I can check on him in the morning."

Anna turned towards him, still seated on Jacob's bed. She was hurt by his blunt statements. She was only trying to help. However, she wasn't the one to pick a fight, so she silently cleaned up her kit and latched it shut.

"Come find me tomorrow if you have any concerns," she whispered to Jacob, putting a cold hand on one of his warm ones.

He smiled at her and then frowned when she proceeded to go to the door. Although that look didn't last long as when Anna opened the door, Queenie was just feet away, playing with her dress and Jacob broke out into a great big smile.

"Oh, dear . . ." Anna muttered as she walked out of the room. Queenie twiddled her fingers in a wave towards Jacob, sporting a grin. Anna then moved the door behind her and pushed Queenie back a few steps.

Walking to the kitchen, Anna went to place the kit back where it belonged, Queenie not far behind her.

"So, what was wrong with . . ." she paused. "Oh, dear, I'm sorry. I'm sure he didn't mean to talk to you in that way."

Anna faced her, "Could you not read my thoughts for once?" She walked fast paced to their shared bedroom.

"You know I can't exactly always help it," Queenie said, hurtful, not following her sister.

Anna was grateful for the moment alone in the hallway, because she saw something odd. The room the two men shared had the door cracked open just a few inches, apparently she hadn't closed it all the way when she left. And from within Anna witnessed something extremely peculiar.

Mr. Scamander was up and walking around the room. He still had on his overcoat.

"That wasn't very nice," Jacob said, sounding slightly out of it.

"What wasn't?" Mr. Scamander asked, grabbing his suitcase and placing it down in the center of the room.

"The way you talked to Miss. Anna. She was only trying to help. I think you hurt her feelings."

Mr. Scamander paused, bent over with his hands on either side of his case's lid. He seemed to be thinking over what the No-Maj had said, but immediately passed the thought and opened his case. He then proceeded to step in and walk down into its depths. Jacob let out a sort of gasp from alarm.

Within seconds, Mr. Scamander's hand poked out and imperiously beckoned for Jacob to follow him.

The No-Maj looked utterly confused, breathing heavily, trying to figure out the situation. He pointed to himself, almost questioning the space within the case if it was meaning for him to follow down.

By the next few moments, an impatient Mr. Scamander motioned for Mr. Kowalski to enter again, saying, "Come on."

Jacob seemed to have gathered his wits as he pulled the covers off and walked over to the entrance of the case. He took a breath and stepped inside, however his waistline got stuck in the process.

"For the love of . . ." he started to bounce, trying to fit through the opening. And with a final jump he did fall into the case, the lid shutting and latching itself behind him.

Anna remained motionless, frozen in the hallway. She wasn't exactly sure what she had just seen, but figured for the greater good for the well-being of those boys, she couldn't tell her sisters.

They would find out eventually if those men were going to stick around any longer. Turning, she went into her bedroom to find Tina already dozing off into sleep on her own bed.

Trying to fight the urge to sneak over to that suitcase, Anna climbed into her own bed covers and imagined what could be hiding down that case and what was lost from it.