Part 4

Following the interruption you need a couple of minutes before you feel like you can leave the room. Some murmured apologies and stolen kisses later you Shawn opens the door and you feel like a bear emerging from its cave after hibernation, walking back to reality.

Most of the guys are gone, only a handful of them are hanging out in the dining room that's joined with an open kitchen. Bloody nosed guy is sitting at the huge round table, holding an icepack to his bruised up face and it hurt just even looking at all the colors around his nose.

"Look who's back!" Brian snorts, legs up on the table as he smirks at Shawn who just gives him a look not even replying.

"How are you feeling, Connor?" Shawn asks purple nosed guy and now you know this is his place.

Shawn takes a better look at his bruised up face, but Connor just shrugs it off.

"It's a free nose job, dude," he jokes making Shawn chuckle. "Could have been prevented if you got here in time."

You furrow your eyebrows at Connor's words. Shawn wasn't here in time? It's just now that you realize that their encounter seemed to be pretty rudimentary when you arrived even though Shawn left hours before that. But what happened in the meantime?

"Maybe if you didn't try your luck when you don't have backup just yet, your pretty face would still be untouched," Shawn retorts making Connor grimace at him. You remember Wade talking about him not being too welcoming, you guess Connor couldn't wait for Shawn to arrive to defend himself against that monster.

You stand kind of in the corner of the room, feeling like an intruder as you listen to their retorts and jokes. Shawn's eyes move back to you and something unknown flashes in his them.

"So, this is Y/N," he announces and you step closer mumbling a shy hi to everyone before each of them introduces themselves.

Connor, Mike, Josiah, Zubin and Dave, you echo the names in your mind to remember them. Brian just waves at you, taking it as you two already know each other. You are just about to ask Shawn where his sister is when she strolls in, a bright smile across her face, her eyes immediately finding you.

Your lips part as you can't help but think about how much she looks like Shawn just in a female version. Though not all of their features resemble, they couldn't deny the relation between them. Her chocolate brown hair is in a loose ponytail and she is holding three Coronas in each of her hands, balancing them like a pro.

"Hey!" she smiles at you setting the glasses down to the table and holding out a hand for you. "I'm Aaliyah."

"Y/N," you smile at her shaking her hand. Her hold is firm, it shows that she is one tough girl. "I'm sorry, but you were here all along?" you ask wondering whether she was in the house when Wade and his group were creeping around here with their guns.

"Kind of. But don't worry, Connor sent me upstairs the moment those fuckers set their foot in the backyard and told me not to come out until he says so.

He eyes glance at the guy and they exchange a look no one seem to be noticing, but you.

"Though I thought she is not gonna give a fuck and run around anyway," Connor adds. "Aaliyah doesn't really understand the concept of danger."

"I do!" she protests. "But I'm also a grown woman and I have the right to do whatever I want to!"

"Tell that to your brother, he still thinks that you're just a baby," Dave chimes in grabbing one of the Coronas.

"I'm eighteen, y'all can stop picking on me," she fumes walking back to the kitchen.

"You hungry, Y/N? The takeout just arrived," she asks and at the mention of the food all of the guys perk up, obviously ready to eat. Brian grabs a beer from the table and starts chugging it down.