He laughed,"You never seen Braces before?"

"I didnt know they were." My voice cracked and my hands went sweaty ish.

Whats going on with me?

"How come I never seen you here?" I asked. "I mean ion know everybody but I would've remembered."

"I just moved here." He shrugged, "I just got adopted by Shelia and Roshon-"

"Ew the Kings?" I squinted my eyes at him, "Good luck with that, I've been here only two weeks and they complain about every thing. A corner away from my apartment." I told him.

"You funny." He laughed.

"I'm serious." I said truthfully. "So what happened to your real parents?"

He shrugged, "They didn't want me anymore."

Dang. "Well if it makes you feel better, I want you." I shrugged trying to make him feel better.

He nodded with a smile on his face, "You just met me."

"And now we're bestfriends see how fast things change." We laughed, "12 years from now you'll be marring me."

"What makes you so sure i'll even know you 12 years from now?" His eyebrows furrowed together.

"You will though." I smiled at him creepily.

He chuckled, "You're weird."

~
October 18, 2007
~

Ever since that day Milan and Royalty hung with each other around the building since that was the only place they could go, but one day they just got tired of being in the apartment building all day everyday,  or at least Milan was.

"I wanna leave." She said out of the blue sitting up off the grass.

Royalty looked up at her, "What're you talking about now Mi?"

"I'm tired of cigarette smoke, bullet holes, and whoppings. Royalty." She tapped him getting up, "I say we run away."

"I say, we don't," He stood up. "Member the last time you went down the street, you were grounded for a whole week Lani." He rolled his eyes.

"My momma at work and the only reason I got caught was because the street lights had came on, come with me Royalty, what you say?" She held her hand out for him.

He looked at her suspiciously before standing up, taking her hand in his, "You're crazy." He said to her. She shrugged, "What crazy is, is what Crazy does." She said as they left out the buildings front doors.

"What you mean?"

"Forest Gump said it, come on."

"That's not what he said." He laughed getting up, she shrugged grabbing his hand.

"So what." They found their way on the subway to Manhattan, two seven year olds on their way to Manhattan can you believe it cause I can't because that didn't happen- it's what she thought happened.

Milan did as she seen her mother and Rome do many times before and made sure of all her stops before she got off on, with Royalty hand in hers scared shit less she couldn't go all the way to Manhattan or they might've got lost so she took him places she's been before.

"Stop being a wuss." She told him as they made it to their destination.

"Ion wanna be in Central Park, what's gone happen if the street lights come on-"

"When we left it was two, it's three now. The street lights go on around six ish now if I'm as smart as I think I am we should leave before it hit 4:30 we'll get back to the building around the time the street lights come on and we'll be good." She assured him looking at the phone her mom gave her for emergencies.