38. I Remember...(ep49)

Start from the beginning

The extra knock of reality, hit her hard and her eyes filled with tears. "No, I was pressing my..., our...". She was going to tell him about the ring. But she didn't have it in her to take another rejected memory. It was too much.

"Nevermind", she said defeatedly. "I'm going to head back now. I'll see you at the office tomorrow. Do the steam inhalation one more time in the evening. I'm sure you'll feel better by morning", she turned and started walking away, waving good bye without turning around.

She had told CeyCey that an unreciprocated kiss at the opera house would break her. But she admitted to herself now that him not remembering the ring hurt her more. That was their secret, no one else knew she carried that ring around her neck every minute of the past year. It was her talisman, the thing that bound them infinitely. For him to not remember why she pressed her hand to her chest broke her a little. She needed to step back, take some time for herself before she spiraled. Can was ok, he had survived, he was surrounded by friends and family. Everything else could wait.

Can watched as she headed out, her crestfallen face broke his heart. He didn't remember much but he knew with certainty that he didn't want to hurt her. When she placed her hand on her chest, it threw him, stirred something in him that he couldn't put a finger on. He closed his eyes so he wouldn't see her walk away, and this image flashed before his eyes.

 He closed his eyes so he wouldn't see her walk away, and this image flashed before his eyes

He opened his eyes with a start and immediately a flood of images filled his senses.

Before he knew what he was doing he was running towards her

Sanem heard him coming up behind her, and straightened her shoulders. She was determined to put him off and leave the hut as she intended. She didn't have it in her to talk any more today.

She turned with a quiet "Can, lutfen..."

But that's all she got out. He held her face in his hands and whispered, "I remember",  and then kissed her like his life depended on it. She was too shocked to respond, but found the strength to step back and look him square in the eyes. What she saw there filled her with indescribable joy. The love, the need, the wanting -  it shorn brightly in his eyes, she could see it clear as day, even through his tears.

She lunged at him, her hands reaching up to wrap around his neck and he picked her up in one easy move.

She kissed his eyes, his nose, he cheeks then back to his lips, laughing and crying at the same time

She kissed his eyes, his nose, he cheeks then back to his lips, laughing and crying at the same time. He matched her fervor, latching on to her lips, sucking and stroking and sighing into her mouth as she opened up to him.

"Sevgili", she said leaning back between kisses. "What happened?"

He ran his finger down her chain and pulled the ring out from under her shirt. "This", he said simply, "and your scent. Always your scent". He pulled her closer with the chain to kiss her again.

 He pulled her closer with the chain to kiss her again

She rested her forehead on his and smiled. "I read my book to you, I recreated every scenario, I talked endlessly about everything we did together - but I never mentioned the ring. And yet, that's the thing that made you remember. That's destiny, isn't it, Can?"

Can smiled wide and deep . "Evet canim. We were always meant to be. Its written in the stars"

~fin~

NOTE: So the 2 plot points I was going for -

One, that she would give herself a break, not be so hard on herself in trying to make him remember, and walk away, even for the smallest amount of time.

And two, that he would remember without her help. Because it was destined and somewhere deep down he wanted it as badly as she did, he just had to reach inside and find it.