Chapter 3: Silence, Distance, Jealousy?

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

-After 3 days-

We arrived at the radio station for our special promotion of our upcoming JYPNation Showcase. We'll be having a morning interview and acapella performance for the fans today at the station. The ambiance is awkward and others felt it too, I guess? So Momo and Jihyo unnie seated between me and Mina. It's been 3 days since we stopped talking and texting. We can't even look at each other.

"Good day to our lovely listeners and watchers. I'm sure today a lot of Twice fans are now tuning in our station. Thank you! Today we have our lovely, beautiful and talented ladies, let's all welcome, Twice!" The DJ greeted.

"Thank you oppa." Jihyo said.

She looked at us and signalled.

"1, 2.."

"One in a million, hello we are Twice!" We all greeted and bowed.

"Thank you for inviting us here and thank you for the unending love and support, Once. We'll keep working hard to make you happy." Jihyo added.

"Now, our Twice will be performing one of their side tracks. Nayeon, can you tell us what's the song all about?" The DJ asked.

"Well, Like a fool is about a girl that's unsure or confused of what she's going to do. She feels like a fool for keeping her feelings to herself and regretting not telling the person she likes even her heart really belongs to that person." Nayeon explained it well.

"In short, a complicated love that makes you a pabo." I added.

"Ohhhh.." The members reacted.

"Wow. I guess our listeners will really relate to this song. Okay, I know our listeners can't wait any longer so again everyone, let's welcome, Twice!" The DJ finally cued the song.

"Whoo! What a wonderful performance from Twice. We can't wait to hear more from you but for now we'll be taking a break. Stay tuned everyone!"

- During break -

"Yah. Chaeng. What's with the "In short, a complicated love that makes you a pabo"?" Sana asked me.

"I just helped Nayeon unnie to explain it shortly." I smiled.

"You sure? You looked serious when you said that line." Then she laughed.

"Hey. No teasing unnie." I pouted.

"Why? My Chaeng isn't in a good mood? Come here!" She hugged me and looked at me sincerely.

- Meanwhile -

MINA'S POV

"Mina. Are you okay?" Jihyo worriedly asked.

"Huh? Oh yes. I'm fine. Why'd you ask?"

"You don't seem fine. You're spacing out a lot today."

"I don't know Jihyo. I'm not sure why I'm being like this."

"Is something bothering you?

"Nothing."

Then she looked at the direction where my eyes are focusing.

"Oh wait. Is SOMEONE bothering you?"

"I don't know." I bowed to prevent her from seeing my sadness.

"Tell me. Is it Chaeyoung?"

"How did you know?" My eyes widened.

"It's obvious Mina. Duh? You're always together and lately you kept avoiding each other. You think we don't notice that?"

"It wasn't supposed to be like this. I'm trying to talk to her but she's not responding and seeing her, I guess she's okay with it."

"Uhh Mina, are you jealous?"

"Je..- what? No! I'm not!" I defended.

"Gotcha! You're blushing, Mina. Admit it." She teased.

"No. I'm not."

"I'm not a fool, Mina. It already happened. Do you still remember that day?"

*Flashback*

We had a showcase and a fansign event in Hongdae Theater. A lot of fans gathered to meet us.

Nayeon hugged Chaeyoung tightly and fans were cheering and shouting because of the cuteness and sweetness they showed.

"She's mine! She's mine, okay?" Nayeon kept saying and still hugging Chaeyoung.

"Aren't you jealous?!" Other fans were asking Mina.

"No." Mina shooked her head.

The fans kept on shouting and cheering.

*End of Flashback*

"Did you remember that?"

"What about that?"

"Duh? You're obviously jealous! You kept denying it but your face showed it already."

"Fine! Why are you such a pushy?"

"Because you two are such a push and pull couple."

"Couple? We are not a couple."

"Okay fine. But still, a push and pull one."

"Everyone take your seats now and the interview will start soon." Our manager finally interrupted.

"Yes, manager." We all responded.

Chaeyoung is playing with Momo and kept laughing.

I'm trying my best to avoid looking at them.

"Yah! Stop it you two. We'll start soon." Jihyo stopped the two.

Thank you so much, Jihyo.

-End of the Radio Station Guesting-

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

Everyone went back to their dorms and done with their schedule for the day.

"Chaeng. I've notice something." Jeongyeon started talking.

"What?"

"Mina is a bit distant. Something happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not blind, Chaeng. You two are one of the closest here and lately you don't seem to get along."

"I'm not sure what she feels about me, unnie. She's sweet but I don't know what her intention is. I feel like I'm in a game. Her game." I confessed and sighed.

"Talk to her. Have courage to ask. So your mind would be clear, okay? Aish. Are you pabo?"

"Yah! I'm not!"

"Then make it up to her."

"Thank you, unnie. You're the best!" I made a thumbs up for her.