Trying times

My baby secret didn't come out at Lissa's birthday dinner, and she enjoyed the Lehigh trip to no end. Once back at Court we spent time together debriefing on my trip to Russia, that was when my assignment notification came through. 'Guardians Rosemarie Hathaway, Edison Castile, Dimitri Belikov, Denya Kariyev and Mark Tanner have been assigned to Princess Vasilisa. Note: Guardian Rosemarie Hathaway will be on leave second semester, then Court Guard for summer and third semester. Regards, Hans Croft (Head Guardian).'

"Liss! You've got me for first and fourth semester onwards!" I squealed in excitement.

"No way!"

"Yup! Have a read," I handed her my cell and her face was priceless. Dimitri's was reaction just as priceless when I got home. I was hardly in the door when he pushed me up against it, shutting and locking it while kissing me passionately. The layers peeled off as we made our way through to the bedroom.

"You, are, brilliant, woman." He panted after rolling off me. "Congrats my darling fiancé. You did it, you got your best friend and the last Dragomir as your charge, just as I'd always hoped you would."

The Bubby Belikov rumour started spreading just before we left for Lehigh three weeks later. We called my parents in for a dinner as they were at Court and confirmed the impossible had happened. My mother had a field day chewing Dimitri out but Abe reigned her in. They were about as happy as they were over Bubby about the engagement. They weren't.

The Christmas that marked a year since Mase died, my first kills, Dimitri and I fighting for the first time, and Tasha's offer rolled around. It was tough, especially considering I was six months pregnant so hormones were haywire and Tasha came for Christmas. She had her own room in guest housing, but Dimitri and I were hosting Christmas this year. She kept eying my fiancé and had the audacity to make a move on him in our home! He was engaged and an expectant father for heavens sake! Never mind it was Christmas and we were hosting. The woman had no boundaries.

DPOV

"Tasha, get off me. I know what you're trying to do. I'm engaged to Rose. Does that mean nothing to you? Does it mean nothing to you that I'm engaged to my baby's mother and my soulmate?"

I grabbed the Moroi's wrists and held her away from me. "Does it not strike you as rude and wrong to try breaking up a happy home, my happy home?

"Does it not strike you as inconsiderate to try and take me away from the one woman I can't live without, when she has so kindly let you into her home for Christmas? "Do you not understand how painful this time of year is for her, for all of them, but her in particular?"

I was on the verge of arresting her for assault because she'd come on that strong. As it was my voice was getting frostier by the minute.

I was not going to allow Rose to suffer any more than she already was. This time last year had her breaking into a million pieces, and I wasn't going to let her go through it again.

We had a baby girl well on the way and a wedding set for the first week in summer. Her life had taken twists and turns she'd never dreamed of, and the ones involving her Belikov family had her overjoyed. Tasha was not going to be a home wrecker, not in my home.

"Give it up before I arrest you." I released her. Only to assaulted, in front of my Roza. Roza pulled her off me and cuffed her while I arrested her and took her into the Court's cells.

RPOV

"What was that about?" Christian asked after Dimitri led a cuffed Tasha out the door.

"She's been arrested for assault, or attempted assault. She hates me because I have Dimitri, his heart, soul, virtue, baby, home, and soon I'll have his name too. He turned her down last year because of me, and now I've given him everything she thought I couldn't." I was on the verge of tears because I was that hormonal and pissed off. That was one long Christmas and New Years.