Busy first day as a pair in public

Three days later and I was proven right. Dimitri came knocking on my door the first morning.

"He-" anything else was smothered by a kiss, him pushing me back inside and kicking the door shut. "Not blowing our cover at all!" I teased once I remembered how to breathe.

"You're pregnant with my child so I really couldn't care. Plus, you've been eighteen for months and graduated for nearly a week."

"It's only nearly half a week!" I laughed and he joined in.

"Close enough. Now, how about we go hunting?"

"For?"

"Food first. Then your formal uniform, followed by an apartment. I saw Hans Croft- Head Guardian and in charge of assignments- yesterday and revoked my request for reassignment."

"What?!" I squeaked. "With my trial marks, improved behaviour, the workshops and real experience you know how high my chances of getting Liss now sit. I th-" my panicking got cut off with a forefinger to my lips- and damn did it make me heady. God! The things he does to me.

"Shh. Settle my love. It'll be fine. You'll be on mat leave before you know it and Lissa has to have a number of guardians because of Lehigh. Her standard number is four instead of two."

"Screw you!" I teased before sighing. How'd he do this to me? He knew how to shut me down, calm and relax me, and rile me up. He knew how to keep me from exploding and how to keep me sane. "God I love you Dimitri. How'd I get so lucky?"

"I love you too Roza. And I don't know the answer to that question, my love." My boyfriend pulled me back into a kiss. "Now, how about I take you to breakfast?"

"I'd like that. Let me get changed."

"Not in front of me please- we'll never get out of here if you do. And I want to show you off, finally."

"I'll be quick." I hurriedly changed and Dimitri pulled me out to breakfast, hand-in-hand.

"I love you, you know that right?" My man asked as he opened the door to a busy Guardian cafe/ diner.

"Hmm. Not as much as I love you."

"Rose, love, we aren't going into that playful argument- it'll never end." He wrapped an arm around my waist as he led me to the counter.

"Belikov, Hathaway how can I help you two?" The guy behind said counter asked.

"Hey Ramirez. Rose, love, this is one of my old classmates, Guardian Rolan Ramirez. Ramirez meet my girlfriend Guardian Rose Hathaway."

"Y-you h-have a g-girlfriend? Belikov, since when were you in a relationship?"

"Yes Rolan, hard as that is to believe. I have a girlfriend, and she's right here." My boyfriend pecked my cheek, causing me to grin and giggle. I wasn't ever going to get used to public displays of affection from him.

"You have her whipped. How'd you manage that?"

"Guys! I'm right here. And Dimitri, comrade, I'm hungry."

"Uh oh!" My man laughed. He knew how my appetite and attitude connected and wasn't sure how my pregnancy would change it. "Ramirez, get Rose some French toast, blini, a chocolate donut and orange juice."

"Blini?" I asked before he could order for himself.

"Pancakes- you'll love them, promise." He turned back to Ramirez, "and blini and a coffee for me please."

"Can't I get a coffee comrade?"

"No." I tried pulling puppy dog eyes, it only earned me a "you know why."