Connections

RPOV

It was the day of the memorial; I entered the church and when I laid eyes on my mentor-turned-lover in the final pew on the far left he called me over with his eyes.

"Hey my true peace provider," he whispered in my ear when no one was looking.

"Hi yourself my sanity saviour," I returned just as quietly. Was he really referring to sex while in the church? Was I seriously encouraging him? It was one thing for Liss and Chris to have sex in the attic, it was another entirely for Dimitri and I to reference it in the active place of prayer.

Over the past two days we'd spent an amount of time apart, and subtly together in the church. I was still- despite the fallout of Jesse's incident- pulling the darkness because Lissa needed to be stable to continue to heal the injured.

"Are you?" I got the silent 'still pulling?'

"Yes. She's working wonders so I'm doing my bit to help her."

"Be careful. I'm not going to reprimand you but I don't want to encourage it either. Just be careful." I could hear the worry and concern in his voice, the one that said 'if only for my own sanity?' Now how could I ignore that? What he said and how he said it also meant he was throwing away our cover for a millisecond because he was that concerned.

"I promise," I said seriously and sincerely while looking into his eyes. Well, more like, while looking straight through his eyes and into his soul.

"Thank you." His response almost totally exposed us, his heart was on his face and I could see the fight to avoid kissing me in his eyes.

"Later. The cabin," I mouthed before turning to focus on the memorial and caught his otherwise undetectable nod in my peripheral vision.

"Come on you," he whispered in my ear after the memorial was finished- over two hours later. "Rose, follow me," he announced in 'teacher tone' for the sake of witnesses. I had to resist the urge to laugh. God, he was amazing- weaving an alibi. He was my man and he was amazing. I followed him out towards the gym but when the coast was clear we raced to the cabin. Alibi indeed. "Comrade!" I giggled when he locked the cabin door.

"Roza!" he returned the playful nature before kissing me. "Good god woman. Do you have any clue what you do to me?" he breathed against my lips once we'd pulled out of the kiss to catch our breath.

"Care to show me?" I teased, not expecting him to actually let things progress as far as they did. "Did you seriously let that happen? Again?" I panted once he rolled off me, but refusing to break the connection. "God, I love you."

My lover actually chuckled at that, "yes, yes I did, my Roza. And I love you too, so, so much milaya."

"Oh co-" I got cut off by a steamy kiss that soon heated up again.

"Oh my Roza. I love you. I can't say that enough. I can't show you it enough. Especially since I've got months to make up for." He was dead serious about making up lost time.

"You're serious aren't you? About making up for the time since the lust charm?"

"Do you know how close I was to letting that charm work? Do you have any clue how many times that night has replayed in my dreams?"

"Care to enlighten me?"

"Every night, it's skipped one or two nights, maybe three tops." His lips joined his hands in studying my body. "I was extremely close to handing myself to you that night, I was oh so close to taking you."

"What stopped you? How'd you find the strength to throw the necklace out the window?"

"That's not the only thing that's gone out a window." My man's lips were still taking possession of my body and I moaned as he hit a sensitive spot. "As for what stopped me? Gave me the strength to destroy such an expensive gift?" he hit another sensitive spot, "your peace of mind. I knew you were as sensitive as me when it came to truly letting people in. I knew that you'd never be happy losing your virginity under a spell." Another sensitive spot came into contact with his lips causing another moan to escape. "I wasn't comfortable with the idea which meant you'd be even less so."

"Good god Dimitri! What did I ever do to deserve you?"

"You exist. Enough said my love."

"Hmm. I love you too."

It took long enough for us to peel ourselves off the bed, more effort still to keep our clothes on to head back to campus.

"Roza? Are you going to tell Lissa about us?" My hunky, Russian, battle-and-sex god lover asked with curiosity coming off every word.

"No." I was adamant about that, and my tone conveyed it.

"Why? She's your best friend." Dimitri was stunned.

"She's been oblivious to the point of trying to set me up with Adrian and not letting the idea go. She thinks he wants 'something serious' and that we'd 'be cute together', her words- not mine. She doesn't even check my aura when I refuse; simply believing I'll 'come around to the idea'- again, her words. So no. I'm not enlightening her before everyone else. She can wait until you get reassigned and we come public, she can believe the cover."

"I can't argue that reasoning. Do you know how jealous of Adrian Ivashkov I am?"

"No."

"Extremely. He could give you everything, show you off right now, and no one would give it too much thought."

"Dimitri?" I interrupted him- I knew where this was heading.

"Yes Roza?"

"Shut up!" I playfully chastised, "it's the Tasha situation all over again. Yes, he could shower me in gifts. Yes, he could give me a family. Yes, he could be with me and no one would care. But you're forgetting something vital, care to take a guess at what that is?"

"What?" he asked even though his eyes and face told me he knew.

"I don't love him; I wasn't made for him. I love you; I was made for you." That did it. He pushed me against a tree and kissed me for all he was worth and I returned it with all my heart. Good god, I loved the man with all my being.

'Get your ass to my dorm Rosemarie Hathaway! It's games night!' Liss yelled in my head. Ugh!

"Roza?"

"It's Liss. She wants me in her dorm for games night."

"Uh oh. Do I need to supervise?"

"No. Far from it. If you're there you're supervisor and the supervisor participates, besides, the types of things that get asked and 'never have I ever'ed would blow our cover." We rushed to the edge of campus.

"Okay. I'm not going to argue that. Later Roza." We split and I headed straight for Lissa's dorm.

Dimitri snuck in after curfew that night. Through my third floor window and it scared me shitless at first. "Shh. Only me," he softly chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"Not funny!" I whisper yelled.

"Sorry," he pouted at me and I melted.

"Forgiven. That face is irresistible." I led him over to the bed, stripping to my undies and bra as I went.

"That's what I think about a number of your expressions." He joined me under the covers, only in his boxers. "How was games night?"

"Good. Adrian didn't turn up- thank god! It remained on pretty safe ground. Our cover is still in tact."

"Let's hope it remains that way until we blow it." My lover kissed my cheek and, for the first time in my life, I fell asleep in his arms.

"Morning milaya," my Russian god woke me up with a kiss.

I moaned against his lips before saying "best morning ever."

"That it is."

"I love you. I really do."

"I love you too Roza," he pecked my cheek. "I've got a shift," he informed me with regret evident in his voice.

"Get outta here! We'll have plenty of time for this after grad." I whisper yelled playfully.

"That tone didn't help." My Russian badass pulled himself off my bed to get dressed, hopping out the window after first saying "I'll see you later, my love." God, life was going to get interesting. I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed to go meet my friends for breakfast, being careful not to wear a dreamy expression. Damned appearances.