Chapter 27: Mystery

Toni's POV

''MADI, NO!'' I yell and run after the figure as fast as I can. 

The shadow runs into the woods and I follow close behind. It was dark and moist. ''TONIO, HELP PLEASE!'' I hear Madi scream in a faint voice. ''I'M COMING BUBBA'' I yell and try to keep up with the shadow. But just in a few seconds, I still feel my legs running but I don't see anything anymore. Fuck. ''MADI?!'' I yell but there is no answer. The shadow I saw earlier runs as I stop. ''HEY!'' I shout and run after the shadow but it throws a bat towards me, making me trip. ''TONIO!'' Madi shouts. ''MADI, NO. No, no, no'' I shout but the shadow already vanished. ''No'' I say and drop to the ground, head in my hands, feeling the tears burning into my face.

''Baby?!'' I hear Cheryl shout and see a light walking towards me. ''Toni? What happened? I saw you run into the woods'' She says and sees that I've been crying. ''T-there was a shadow. I-it took Madi. I tried to run after them but I couldn't'' I say and tears escape my eyes. ''It's my fault. I let her go outside'' I say. ''Toni, it's not your fault. We have to go to Sherriff Keller'' She says and I nod getting up. ''First, we have to go to my parents'' I say and we drive to my parents'. I knock on the door and my dad opens with a smile but the smile fades as he sees that I cried. ''Son, what's going on? You've never cried before'' He says. ''Somebody took Madi. I tried running after them but I failed. I'm sorry'' I say and turn around to walk away but my dad catches my arm. ''Boy, it's not your fault. Some bastard took her'' He says and pulls me into a hug. ''I informed Sweet Pea and Veronica'' Cheryl says and I nod.

''Let me tell your mother first and then we'll go to Sherriff Keller'' My dad says and we nod. Cheryl slides her arm around my waist and rests her head on my shoulder. After a few minutes, my parents come out. My mother has been crying and my father had an uneasy look. ''I'm sorry mom'' I tell my mom but she pulls me in for a hug. ''Please don't accuse yourself'' She says and I nod. We get into my car and drive to the police station. 

We get greeted by a woman. ''Hello, can I help you?'' She asks. ''Yes, we need to see Sherriff Keller, as soon as possible'' My dad says and the woman nods, walking towards a room. Out of the room comes Mr Keller. ''Ah, the Topaz's and Mrs Blossom'' He greets us and we greet him back. ''How can I help?'' He asks. ''My sister Madi Topaz was kidnapped by an unfamiliar shadow earlier this night'' I say and he has a confused look. ''Dear god. I think it's best to talk about this in private'' He says and we follow him to a room. ''Can you describe how it looked like?'' He asks me but I shake my head. ''It was just a shadow, posture looked like a man. Average height'' I tell him and he nods, writing everything down. 

''Unfortunately, I can't help you until next week'' He says and I feel anger boil up in me. ''What?!'' I say slightly raising my voice and standing up. ''We're too busy'' He says. ''She could be dead by next week! She's my responsibility and I demand someone to find out who the hell took her!'' I yell at him angrily. ''We can't do anything'' He says calmly. ''I thought being a Sherriff was about taking care of the town'' I say and walk towards him but my dad holds me back. 

''You know what? I will figure it out. Even if it's the last thing I do. At least I do care about her. Thanks for nothing'' I say and storm out before my parents and Cheryl, sitting in my car with my head pressed to the steering wheel. Eventually, I hear the doors open and everyone gets in ''Don't worry son. We'll find a way'' My dad says and I sit up straight. ''Damn right, we will'' I say and drive to my parents'. I get out too and hug them goodbye. ''I'll figure it out, guys. I promise'' I tell them and they smile thankfully, going inside. 

I get back in the car and sigh. Cheryl rubs my arm and we drive home. We go inside and get greeted by a worried Sweet Pea and Veronica. ''We heard what happened'' Sweet Pea says and hugs me. ''Yeah'' I say a bit somberly. ''We'll help you in any way you need'' Veronica says and I thank her. ''I think it's best to have some sleep'' I say and we all go to our rooms. 

I get changed and lay down on the bed with my phone in my hand. I can't even imagine what Madi is going through. It hurts too much to even think about it. ''Hey, we'll figure it out'' Cheryl says and pecks my lips. I nod and wrap my arms around her. Cheryl already drifted off to sleep but I couldn't. 

It's time to investigate.

Next chapter will be some investigating and then we'll find out who kidnapped Madi...

byeeeeeee