Chapter 6: Trip

Toni's POV

I felt movement on top of me. I opened my eyes to see Cheryl asleep. I smile and try to get out of bed. Once I wanted to get up Cheryl's grip tightened. ''Babe let me get out'' I say. She just nods her head 'no'. ''Wake up'' I say and peck her cheek.''Five more minutes'' She mumbles. I roll my eyes. ''Fine''. I open my phone and look on Instagram. ''Holy shit! This girl is so hot!'' I say and Cheryl immediately shoots up. ''Who is?!'' She asks. I don't say anything and she grabs my phone out of my hand. She looks to see a picture of herself. She looks at me angrily. ''I hate you'' She says. ''No you don't'' I say and wrap my arms around her waist. I peck her neck. ''You're right'' She says and I grin. Cheryl and I were getting ready for school until I got a text from Reggie:

Reggie: Don't forget to check the results of the team today Topaz!

Me: I won't. Thanks Reg!

I smile at my phone. I was actually a bit nervous for the results. ''Something wrong baby?'' I heard Cheryl say. ''Hm? No Reggie just texted me that the results of the team will be out today'' I say. ''I hope you made the team 'cause then you could go to the first game in Atlantic city with the Vixens'' she says and wraps her hands around my neck. ''I can't wait. Well, if I made the team'' I say and she giggles. I peck her lips and take her hand. We walk to my bike and I get on first to hold the bike. Cheryl got on too and we drove to school. We arrived and walked into school. Cheryl and I walked to our lockers. When we were both done we headed towards the lounge room to see all of our friends. I sit down next to Sweet Pea and Fangs. Cheryl sits next to Ronnie and Betty. We were talking until Reggie walked in. ''Topaz! Results are out!'' He says and I start to get nervous. I get up and see everyone looking at me including Cheryl. I follow Reggie to the bulletin board. I squeeze through and look for my name. I saw Moose, Reggie and Chuck but still not me until I was at the bottom:

Toni Topaz - Quarterback/captain

I couldn't believe my eyes. I was quarterback. Reggie puts his arm around my shoulder. ''I hope we will win our first game with you Topaz'' He says and I grin. Reggie told me the Bulldogs never won a game before. ''I hope we will win in Atlantic City'' I say and he nods in agreement. I spotted Cheryl walking to class. She spotted me too and smiled as she saw me. She walked up to me and took my hand. ''So?'' She asks. ''So?'' I repeat. ''Did you make the team, you dork?'' She asks and I grin. ''Oh yeah, I'm quarterback'' I say and she lights up. She kisses me long. ''Finally I get to see my boyfriend covered in sweat playing football'' She says and I laugh. ''I can't wait to go to Atlantic City with you'' I say and she giggles pecking my lips. ''Let's hope we will win'' I say. ''Why wouldn't you?'' She asks. ''The Bulldogs have never won a game'' I say. ''How about we bet on it?'' She suggests. ''Depends'' I say and she smiles. ''If you win, I get your Bulldog jersey'' She says and I laugh. ''And if we do lose, you can't talk to me, kiss, touch or hug me for a whole week'' I say and she gulps. ''Fine'' She says and I grin. She grabs my arms and we walk to class. Our classes went by fast until it was time for lunch. I was still talking with Reggie so I told Cheryl to already go to lunch. After a couple of minutes we headed towards the cafeteria. I spotted the Bulldogs and the Vixens sitting together at one table. Reggie made me come to sit with them. I wanted to look for Cheryl but as soon as we got to the table I saw Cheryl sitting next to some Vixens. Reggie clears his throat and everyone turns to look and see Reggie and I. Everyone greeted us happily. I wanted to sit next to Reggie and Moose but I felt someone grab my arm and drag me to sit next to them. I look next to me to see Cheryl. ''What are you doing babe?'' I ask and she rolls her eyes. ''I want to sit next to my boyfriend, duh'' She says and I grin. I give her a peck on her lips. ''So Topaz, today is practice'' Reggie says and I nod. We all talk about the game, football and cheerleading. The bell rang signaling us to go to our classes. I walked Cheryl to class and kissed her goodbye. I went to my own class and sat down. It was really boring because I didn't have any of my other classes with Cheryl. School was over and I made my way over to the boys locker room. Coach gave me my uniform and I got changed. I went outside and saw already a couple of guys on the field. We started practice and it was going really well. ''Good work! I want to see the Bulldogs and Vixens after practice!'' He says probably talking about the game Saturday. I quickly got dressed and waited outside for Cheryl. When she came out she spotted me and kissed me. I grabbed her hand and we went to the place Coach wanted to see us. I sat down and Cheryl decided to sit on my lap. She wraps her arms around my neck for balance. I wrap my arms around her waist and peck her neck. She giggles and we wait for everyone to arrive. ''Alright! Tomorrow we will be leaving a 8 AM, make sure you're on time! 1 2 3'' He says. ''BULLDOGS'' All the guys including me yell. Cheryl looked at me shocked. ''I almost had a heart attack, you dork!'' She says and I laugh. We head home on my bike. We got inside and cuddled while watching a movie. We both already finished packing. Instead of looking at the movie I was looking at Cheryl the whole time. ''Babe! Are you even watching the movie?'' She says. ''Sorry, I was admiring your beauty'' I say and she giggles. ''You're forgiven'' She says and I grin. I plant a soft kiss on her lips. Cheryl was yawning so I turned off the TV and laid down on my back. Cheryl buried her head in the crook of my neck. ''Love you'' She mumbles. ''Love you too'' I say and peck the top of her head.