Welcome to Your New Home

Start from the beginning

"What?" Kal asks.

"Screw you, asshole!" Seven says.

"Nice english!" One exclaims, giving her a high-five.

"Five, Seven, do you want to know your real names or not?" Kal asks.

"What I want to know is what's gonna happen to us all of us." Five says.

"Well, the GA's still trying to figure out what to do with you two." Kal says. "But the others will have to stay in general population until we can arrange their trial."

"Do they know what Two is? Did you tell them?" One asks.

"No." Kal says. "And as long as she keeps her nose clean, it shouldn't matter."

"You don't seriously believe that, do you? Sooner or later, they're gonna find out." one says.

"She has to answer for her crimes, and so do the others." Kal says. "But as long as you two cooperate, you'll be fine."

"You mean you want us to testify against them." Five realizes.

"No." Seven says.

"Don't say another word." A woman says, walking in.

"Who are you?" Kal asks.

"Felicia Brand, this man's attorney, and this is a court order demanding his immediate release." The woman says, pointing to One.

***
Five and Seven are waiting patiently in their room.

Well, almost patiently.

The woman, Felicia Brand, took One into a different room to talk to him. Five and Seven were left alone. Five was given a tablet with books on it by Kal. Seven was also given a tablet with books, however they were all in English.

After about 2 minutes of trying to read, Seven got bored.

She decided to move on to an escape plan.

Seven moves around the room, looking for vents.

The door opens.

"Oh, it's you." Five says.

"How you two doing?" Kal asks, walking in.

Seven goes to sit with Five.

"We're okay, I guess." Five says. "Considering. I suppose I should thank you for the tablet, the books. Right now, it's the only thing keeping me from going crazy in here. Sev lasted 2 minutes before she gave up on sitting still."

"Well, if you're looking for something to occupy your mind..." Kal trails off, handing The girls a drive.

"What that?" Seven asks.

"It's a coded file." kal says. "I was hoping you'd crack it for me."

"You want our help?" Five asks a

d Seven scoffs. "Seriously?"

"Look, I know you think I betrayed you--" Kal tries.

"You did betray us!" Five exclaims.

"Okay, maybe I did." Kal says. "But my intention was to help you. It still is."

It's silent for a moment.

"Your real name is Emily Kolburn." Kal says to Five and then he turns to Seven. "And you're Colette Lemont. You're both 16 years old, exactly 6 months apart, Colette being younger. Emily, your parents died in a shuttle accident when you were a baby. You grew up in an orphanage. You ran away at age 12, and you've been living on the streets ever since. Colette, your parents gave you up, you bounced around foster homes before landing yourself on the streets of your town, stealing for some random guy just to make some money to get you by. You're survivors. And you'll survive this."