Ch.36 - Maybe Baby

28 weeks...

(Devyn)

"No, you aren't picking up a thing. Now stop it or I will make you."

I smiled and he kissed my lips grabbing the box from me and carried it to the truck.

"Is that everything?"

"I believe so. Let me make sure I didn't forget anything in my bedroom."

I walked in the house and I headed upstairs to my old room.

The only thing left was my desk and my bed. Everything else was taken out. My clothes, art pieces, my stuff was all gone ready to be taken to our new place.

As I left my room, I closed my door behind me and so felt a sharp pain through my body and I laid my hand on my belly.

"Oh my god."

"Are you okay, sweetie?"

I took a deep breath not thinking anything of the pain, "I'm okay."

I continued walking back down the stairs, I find my Mother in the living room gathering stuff into a box with my name on it.

"I packed your essential stuff in case. Your first night will be weird because your stuff is packed up."

"Thank you, Momma."

She hugged me and kissed my forehead and Zed ran out of the house hopping in the truck.

"I'll give a you a call later."

"You better."

I giggled as I walked outside and Xander walked up to me taking the box from me.

The pain grew some more but bearable. I stopped in my tracks and Xander looked at me concerned.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine. It must be the baby kicking me. He's very rowdy today."

He nodded smiling reassuringly, "If it gets worse. Tell me. Okay? Promise me you will tell me."

"I promise, Baby."

We get in the truck and I sat in the passenger seat trying to be careful and calm.

Xander on the other hand noticed that I was in discomfort.

I closed my eyes laying my head back against the seat breathing slowly, in through my nose and exhaling through my mouth.

"Devyn? Do I need to take you to the hospital? Are you..."

"No. Stop it. I'm serious Xander. My water hasn't broken yet."

The pain stopped for the time being and I felt bad for snapping at him.

"Sorry for yelling at you."

"It's fine. You're stressed and pregnant. I can't imagine the pain you're enduring."

I looked out of the windshield holding my hands against my belly.

....

We parked in our apartment number in the parking garage.

I get out of the truck when Xander ran to my side immediately. He hugged me kissing my jaw lightly, "You're worrying me. That's why I'm annoying you."

He let me wrap my legs around him and hugged him.

"Alright, let's get these last few boxes in here and get the apartment fixed."

We had Zed and the guys helping us move everything. I was thankful for them.