Ch.13 - My Demons I

(Ethan)
The dark room was quiet.

Silence.

I recognized her small room, the cold purple walls. The twinkling fairy lights she used to keep on.

Her bed was still in the same place so I paced over, quietly hoping to not wake her.

Or him.

When I saw Xander, I rolled my eyes.

Devyn was troubled with her sleep.

Her eyes tightened with the horror that filled her head at night.

Xander was asleep next to her, free of her touch.

I grabbed the cloth from my coat and it had a strong aroma.

The smell of bleach and acetone filled my nostrils, the smell of death.

Xander had to be unconscious for this to work.

My fist collided with his nose and he didn't move.

I waved my hand in front of his face and I poked his cheek.

Nothing.

Blood was gushing from his nose and his skin slowly changed from blue to purple.

I brushed Devyn's hair out of her eyes and she smiled, "Xander."

I grabbed the cloth and I hovered it over her mouth and her nose.

"Nope, guess again."

Her eyes shot open and I suffocated her trying to strip her of her every breath.

She struggled to breathe and she kicked and reached up to try and stop me.

"Shh. It won't be long now," I whispered.

Her small petite body was limp when I grabbed her. Her head hung over along with her weak arms. I quietly went downstairs and made it out of the door without waking anyone else up.

I opened the back door of my truck and I laid her unconscious body in the backseat. I shut the door making sure it was locked so she couldn't escape.

"Boss?"

"I have Devyn. Get to the warehouse. Now. It won't be long."

....

"Tie her up in there."

I smiled and I headed upstairs.

I stepped in my bathroom washing up, blood covered the sink bowl and I turned the water off.

After I dried my hands, I got dressed freshening up and I headed down the steps.

Ryan stopped me, "What are you going to do to her?"

"That's none of your business. Do as you're told or your throat is next."

He looked at his hand that I had stabbed before and he rolled his eyes.

"Don't disobey me, Ryan."

"This isn't right," He snapped.

My hand collided with his throat and I slammed him against the wall, "I said you will obey me, you're going to listen."

I let go of him and he dropped to his knees.

The girls were scared and up against the wall.

"She's awake, Boss."

"Dylan."

He looked at me and he walked away. I made sure everyone was upstairs, far from the basement.