Chapter 1: friend or foe?

Toothless POV

I lay on top of the rock in Hiccup's bedroom, I burn a circle around me as I lay down, and drift off to sleep.

"Toothless come on let's go play" says crystal, as she jumps around happily. "Okay, let's go" I say, "yay!!"she cheers. "What do you wanna play?" She asks, "anything you want" I respond.

"Lets play, tag" she says happily. "Your it" She says tapping my nose. "Hey that's not fair!" I yell as I run after her.

"Hehe" She says as she runs from me, "I gotcha now your it"I say after tagging her. "Hey that's not fair I wasn't ready" she says chasing after me. As we fade away into the distance.

My eyes shoot open, I find Astrid comforting Hiccup, it's all my fault if I had resisted the alpha's control Hiccup wouldn't be mourning over his father's death. "Hiccup, he didn't mean to do it you know that" she says patting his shoulder gently. "I know but I can't get that image out of my head Astrid" he says hugging her, his head on her chest as he cries. "Hiccup it's okay, that's how I felt when my mom died" says Astrid choking on the words,"Astrid I can't be chief, I'm a failure in life" he says crying, "no your not, your the bravest man I know" she says hugging him tightly. I walk over to them and nudge Hiccup's hand, he looks at me and I lay my head in his lap.

"It wasn't your fault bud" he says softly, Astrid looks at me.  And smiles a little.

"How about we go for a morning flight?" Says Astrid trying to cheer us up, "okay" says Hiccup pulling away from the hug, "let's go" he says getting in the saddle.

~

We fly around dragon island, Astrid making Hiccup laugh with old memories. "Hiccup look out!" Yells Astrid, I hadn't noticed we were going to fly into the mountain, I fly upwards as a flash of white zooms past us.

"Toothless it's okay" says Hiccup patting my head, instead I follow my instincts, I fly beside that white flash, only a blur as we zoom past the island, "Hiccup where are you going?" Yells Astrid, "I don't know!" Yells Hiccup.

~

We follow the white flash until it lands and I land beside it, I growl. The dragon growls back, the Dragon looks at me straight in the face. Hiccup gasps, "toothless that's a-" Astrid flies I interrupting him, "-Night fury!" She says shocked.

The night fury stops growling, "Toothless?" Says the Dragon, apparently a girl, "how do you know me?" I growl. "Your toothless the alpha" she says bowing, "you don't need to bow, get up" I say looking at her. "Don't you know me?" She asks, "no" I say looking at her, "Toothless it's me crystal" she says softly.

~

Hello thank u to u lovely people who commented and voted, that's means a lot to us and a special shout out to Penguin_lover1883 and HaileyNarloch 

Well anyway how was it?, tell us in the comments, anyway we don't know when we'll be updating but we will.

That's it for now adios our potatoes.

~Snow302~

~Awsome262338~