John: Pronghorn Ranch

[I still need to fix most of these up, but I can't help but restart once I hit chapter 6 sksks]

Being back in this country made me dig up Arthur's old journal again.

Odd few years wondering. Now back here, this country that we ran to when things went crazy all those years ago.

My mind is full of ghosts. Been a tough few years. Jack don't like me, and Abigail cannot stand me, or is it the reverse.

Killed a fella because he looked at me funny. Abigail wants me to settle down. To what?

Everything I've tried has gone wrong, for so long now, and now I'm back in old country. Well, I guess the north didn't turn out so good.

Wonder if there's anything in these treasure maps?

So now I'm a farmhand. Until I lose my temper again, I guess.

Working at a place called Pronghorn Ranch. They seem to like me because I'm big and nasty and they surely ain't, and some local tough guys seem to know they ain't.

Well, I guess Abigail can't have everything, but she won't be able to deny I've at least got a normal job.

I'm not much of a rancher but I can still give a big mouth a good smack.

Abigail still seems to despise me.

Jack ain't sure but I reckon he ain't none too keen.

She went and left me.

Gave me another warning, I suppose. She weren't wrong. I'd leave me, if I could.
What now? No son, no woman, and a no good rancher on a no good ranch. These rich bastards, the Laramie want old Geddes dead. If I had a brain, I'd go work for them.

But I kind of like Geddes.

Saw Sadie Adler again. Guess I thought she'd been dead. Maybe it's just me that's been dead. I don't know.

Was good to see her. She's a bounty hunter and suited to the work. Saw her put a knife clean through the hand of some big old boy she was fighting with. Ain't seen her since she and Arthur saved Abigail and then Arthur saved my life. We headed north and she turned to this line of work.

Met a strange guy — thought he was a prophet. Blind.

(If you finished Hamish's mission as John)
Went to see Hamish, this war veteran Arthur knew. The fella took me hunting, even on his one leg, and got himself killed by a boar. I liked the guy, what little I knew of him, and I can see why Arthur liked him so much. He gave me Buell, his moody, magnificent horse, to look after.