Go The F**k To Sleep

Haha the title of this chapter is from an actual book I purchased for my niece. My brother said he reads it religiously to her. She repeated one of the quotes in the backseat of my car and I died and it also made me think of a new chapter in this book. Also, this is a bedtime chapter because the last ones I wrote, I was 13. Compare my writing almost five years later 😂 message at the end as well! Vvvv important!

Skylar Curtis:

Skylar finished all of her dinner, which was very rare. Usually Darry would have to plead for her to eat, or would leave her at the table until she did eat. "Get cookie now?" Skylar asked Darry as she lightly gripped the armrest on his chair. Darry looked at the clock and shook his head. "Not yet baby."
Skylar pouted a little and huffed.
Darry rubbed his hand in Skylar's hair. "How about we give you a bath and then we'll get you a cookie?"
Skylar looked up and smiled. She nodded and quickly made her way into the bathroom. She undressed herself before Darry could turn the water on. He chuckled as he saw her struggling to take her socks off while standing up. She huffed and sat on the floor before finally getting them off.

Darry put her in the bath and started to shampoo her hair. As he did this, Skylar played with the three ducks Soda brought home a few days before.

After she was dressed, she padded off into the kitchen and saw Ponyboy getting a cookie. Skylar pointed at the jar. "Cookie pwease."
Ponyboy looked down and smiled. He got another cookie out of the jar and gave it to her. "There you go."
"Tank you." Skylar wandered off into the living room.

She sat on the couch next to Soda. His arm was around her as she cuddled into his side and tried not to fall asleep. Darry looked at the clock again. He got up and made his way over to Skylar.

"Alright little miss." He said picking her up. "I think it's time for bed."
Skylar slowly shook her head and lightly hit Darry's chest as she whined. "Hey now, let's not do that." He gently said taking her hand and holding it as he walked to her room.

Darry laid her down in her bed and covered her up.
"Passi." Skylar said quietly.
Darry nodded and gave it to Skylar. "I didn't forget, Sky."
Darry kissed her head and gave her the lamb stuffed animal she abandoned on the floor. Skylar was almost asleep before Darry closed the door.

Ravin Cade:

Ravin was sick with bronchitis. She had slept almost all day, but when sleep time actually came, she actually wasn't at all tired. Johnny was getting Ravin's bath ready while Ravin sat on the couch, sucking her thumb while watching TV. Johnny came out into the living room and smiled sympathetically as Ravin took her thumb out if her mouth briefly to cough.
"Ravin, honey c'mon." He told her as he walked over to her. "It's time for a bath." Ravin raised her arms up to be held. Johnny picked her up and carried her to the bathroom. He set her down and undressed her before setting her in the tub.
"Jawwy." Ravin squeaked out. "I have toys?"
Johnny smiled and nodded. It was a given that Ravin would want toys. He dumped Ravin's "bath Barbie's" out of the bucket and into the tub along with a couple of Littlest Pet Shops and tiny Disney figurines.
She played with her toys while Johnny washed her hair. He sat there and watched her play for a bit.

Johnny grabbed a towel and stood up. "Alright Ravin. It's time to get ready to go to sleep." He said unfolding the towel, ready to wrap Ravin in it.
"I not tiwred." Ravin said pushing the towel away from her.
"Sweetie you gotta go to sleep. You're sick. You need rest."
Ravin threw her head back and whined. She held her eyes shut as she whimpered "Noooooo."
"C'mon honey." Johnny stood her up and wrapped her in the towel. Ravin's cries were muffled as she put her face down into Johnny's shirt as he dried her off. When he got Ravin into her pajamas, he pulled her into his lap and rubbed her back.
"Honey, you're gonna make yourself even more sick if you carry on with this silly crying."
Ravin's sobs turned into hiccoughs when Johnny laid her down on her bed. He gave Ravin her stuffed bear and lightly scratched her arm as she laid sniffling. Eventually she did go to sleep and Johnny cleaned up the bathroom. But he was soon interrupted by Ravin's small gags. He sighed to himself. This was gonna be a long night.