Sick Days: Curtis Sister

Story is in this century....Yeah.

Darry's POV:

I lifted Skylar into her bed. "Night." I said leaving her in her bed.
"Darwy." She said quietly. I turned around. "Yes?"
"I don't feel goowd."
I licked my lips real quick. Sodapop got sick a few days ago and Skylar tried her best to help him out even though I said no. I walked over to her and felt her head. It was hot. I got turned on the baby monitor that was on the table and turned it on. I turned on her fan and got out the thermometer. I took her temperature. "102.3." I sighed. "Maybe you shouldn't have taken care of your sick brother. Maybe you should've let me do it."
"Wewl, you put me in time-out and asked if I was gonna go in his wroom again and I said pwobably." Skylar said. Her voice was husky.
"Uh-huh and look where that got you."
"Can you make me bettwr?"
I smiled warmly at her. "Of course I can." I said running my fingers through her hair.

I gave Skylar some medicine and read her a couple more stories until she fell asleep. I went back into my room and left the door open just in case she needed me.

I felt someone weakly shaking me. I heard sniffles and sobs. I jolted awake and turned on the lamp. Skylar stood there hugging her rabbit sobbing her eyes out. "What's wrong, Skylar?" I asked. Skylar choked on her sobs before speaking. "I thwrew up in my bwed!" She cried hugging my legs. I rubbed her back and hugged her. "It's okay baby. Why don't you chill out in the bathroom while I throw your sheets in the wash?"
Skylar nodded and I walked her to the bathroom.

After I got her sheets sorted out, I decided to run her a bath. I took off her clothes and put her in with a couple of toys. "Just hang out here. I'll be back." I said.

No one's POV:

Skylar sat in the tub playing with her toys, trying to ignore the pain her tummy was causing her. She was really dizzy too which made her need to throw up, but she didn't want to tell Darry because she didn't want to go to the doctor.

Darry came back with her fluffy pink towel and wrapped her around in it. He carried her to his room and sat her on the bed. Skylar looked around on the bed. A new pair of pajamas, medicine, thermometer, her bunny, and to her dismay, a pull-up. Skylar has been off those for about three days now and hasn't had any accidents, well none that Darry knows about.

Skylar whimpered when Darry picked it up. "What?" Darry asked.
"I don't want to weawr a puwl-up." Skylar said sadly.
"Well, until you're not sick anymore, you need to wear this. I'm not risking any accidents. Vomit is enough to clean up, I don't want to clean up pee on top of that."
He tired to put in on her, but Skylar moved away.
Darry sighed. "Skylar Blue, it's 2:30 in the morning. Do you really want to start this now? Just put it on. You'll be fine."
Skylar stayed put and then moved over to Darry again, letting him put on the pull-up and her pajamas. She takes her medicine and gets her temperature taken. Her temperature hasn't gone down at all.
"I think we need to go to the doctor tomorrow." Darry sighed. Skylar hugged her rabbit. Darry rubbed the back of her head. He then got out a small trash can. "If you need to throw up, do it in here." He said setting it on the other side of the bed. "But right now, you need to go to sleep." Darry picked Skylar up and moved her to the other side of the bed. He laid down with her and stroked her hair until she fell asleep. He kissed her hot head as soon as her eyes pulled closed. He sighed, knowing it was going to be hell when he takes her to the doctor the next day.

Helloz! I'm sorry I've been so inactive on this book. I've just been into more things lately. I will do a part 2 on this, but not anytime soon. I will be writing more on here, so yeah. Byez!