Chapter 7 - Missing her

Keerthy's P.O.V.

"Er... where is she? If I get late, I'll have to stand upside down to convince her to not punish me," I complained as there was no sign of Divya. Class was going to begin. I couldn't wait for her anymore, otherwise I'll miss my lectures. I quickly ran into class and sat next to Sam. "Oh what a surprise," Sam said dramatically. "Hey stop it yaar. Let me stay in peace atleast today," I said taking my books out. "I see... your bestie isn't here today, so you came here right? You need me only when she isn't here," Sam smirked. "Urgh..." I held my head annoyed. Sam laughed and patted my back, "Just kidding."

The next day too Divya was missing. I sat next to Sam again. We had lunch together and had fun throughout the day. "I wish Divya will never come again," Sam said as we entered the hostel together. I smiled and agreed.

It has been a week since I saw Divya. Something wasn't right. I have no idea why, but I couldn't concentrate in my lesson at all. "Keerthy! What was I teaching now?" the teacher pointed at me. "Er..." I couldn't answer and helplessly looked at Sam who was mouthing the answer for me. The teacher noticed this and chased both of us out of class.

"I can't believe this Keerthy. For once you weren't concentrating in class. Is anything wrong?" Sam asked concerned. I just shook my head. "May be you were hungry. Come on let's go to the cafeteria," Sam pulled me into the Cafeteria but I was in no mood to eat. "What do you want?" Sam asked serving herself with tea. "I'm not hungry." "You're kidding me. You didn't even have your breakfast. Here atleast drink this," Sam gave me her tea. 

I just got up from my seat abruptly. "I'm sorry Sam, I've gotto go." I just started walking out of college when I had more lectures in the afternoon. I just didn't care. I know Divya was a real headache, but it doesn't mean I want really bad things to happen to her. I got Divya's address from the security uncle, he would obviously know since he has worked at her place before.

I slowly walked into the lane where Divya's house was located. I just couldn't take my eyes away from the houses there. All of them were so huge and beautiful. Finally, I stopped in front of the biggest and the most beautiful one and I knew this has to be the place. It was like a seven-star hotel. After staring at the house for about 5 minutes, I closed my mouth which I had opened involuntarily at the sight of the house. 

"I'm Keerthy, Divya's friend. Can I meet Divya?" At those words the security guard stared at me as if I was lying. "Go away child," he plainly replied. "Please can I just see her once?" "Don't you understand what I'm trying to say? I'm telling you decently only because you're a girl," he screamed. "What is wrong with everybody here?!?! I just wanted to meet Divya. Does she think she's a queen that people can't meet her?! Everybody in her family must be mean like her. Everybody! Including you. Just..." my speech was interrupted when the gate opened. A lady of my mom's age stepped out. This must be Divya's mom. 

"What's happening here Muththu?" she asked the security. "Aunty..." I jumped in before the security could answer, "I'm Keerthy. Divya's friend from college. Divya didn't come to college for about a week. That's why I just came here to inquire about her." I could see aunty's expression softening. "Come in," she said leading me inside. I couldn't avoid my mouth from opening in amazement. There was a huge fountain right in front. It was like a typical cinema house. We went to the living room and aunty told me to sit. I sat on the sofa slowly to make sure that I won't even make a small damage on its beautiful seat.

"Who are you dear?" aunty asked again. "I told you already..." "Nobody has ever come looking for Divya. Well, atleast no girls.Boys do come here pretending to be her friend, so that they can woo her. And you are here saying you're her friend. Divya hasn't told me about any friends," she finished. "So you know that Divya doesn't have any friends at college. You, being her mother, didn't bother to ask her why she didn't have friends?" I asked in shock. Aunty simply smiled and answered, "I'm not her mother." "Oh. I'm sorry aunty. But please tell Divya's mom that she is really bad in socializing. She doesn't..." "Her mother passed away when she was 15." 

What do y'all think happened? Was this the reason for Divya's bad behavior? Read, Vote and Comment :)