Chapter 2 - Divya the college bully

Keerthy's P.O.V.

It was my first day of college. When I took my first steps into it, I felt chills run all over my body with excitement. It was the biggest building ever that I've seen before.

"Hey Keerthy, come this way," Samantha called and pulled me by my hand while both of us entered the class.

Samantha is my room mate. Though I felt awkward on the first day at my hostel, Sam was too friendly to talk to and she tore all of my fears about a city life into bits of pieces. Though I'm starting my studies from the mid-semester, Sam had been in college from the beginning. She introduced all her friends and I was able to get along quickly. If I'm standing confidently now, the reason is Sam.

The professor entered the classroom amd before she started the class, she noticed me. "Oh new student," she said.

I quickly stood up and began to introduce myself, "Yes Ma'am. I'm...."

"Excuse me Ma'am," my speech was interrupted by a girl standing outside the class, clearly panting hard as she would have run to get here early.

"Come in Divya," the professor allowed her in and she sat on the row next to mine.

As soon as I sat down finishing my introduction, Sam nudged me and gestured at Divya. Only then did I remember that this is the girl that the whole college talked about. Divya was the only child of the biggest businessman in chennai. She was exactly the way that a rich girl not given proper parental care would be, spoilt. She had a gang around her all the time to bully all the students but acted innocent in front of all the teachers. Even if she was caught by any teachers, she got away using her father's name. Nobody dared to rise against her, because when they did, they ended up suspended from college.

I had always imagined Divya to be built and strong or wear fancy dress to show off her richness like any regular bullies. But she was slim and wore a normal blouse and jeans and I had to admit that she was very pretty. 

During the break, I along with Sam and Friends went to the cafeteria. I was overwhelmed to see that even the cafeteria here was very huge. 

When we took our seats, Sam whispered into my ears, "She's staring right at you."

I raised my head and saw Divya pointing at me from a corner, talking to her bully gang.

"She's upto something," another of my friend said. Sam held my hand, "Whatever happens, don't react angrily. Just do what she says." I nodded slightly, feeling the blood rising into my head for the stress of thinking what is going to befall on me.