2| "Xandy"

Previously:

The doorbell rings and after a few minutes momma asks me to bring him downstairs.
I walk into the living room.
"Look momma we have both pink nails" I tell her while giggling.

"Well someone's got a makeover" a very deep voice says right behind me. I turn around and bump into a hard chest I look up at the man.

"Whoa, you big" I tell him with wide eyes.
"And your small baby girl". He tells me, looking intensely into my eyes.

Xander's pov:

"I'm not small your just big" she tells me with a pout and puffs her cheeks.
" That's enough Emma Rose, give the man his dog back I'm sure he missed him" her mother tells her.

Emma Rose.. A beautiful name.

"B-but he's my only friend momma" She tells her mom with tears in her eyes.
This is the first time my heart tightens, and I feel bad for the little girl.

"Hey Emma look at me" I tell her and she looks up at me right away with those beautiful glossy eyes. Obedient, I'll remember that.

"You can still see Devil okay? I need someone to watch him tomorrow while I'm in a meeting. Why don't you do that? I'll meet you at the park and I'll pick you and Devil up after the meeting to take you home. But only if it's okay for your momma" I tell her and look at her mother who has a soft smile on her lips and nods at us.

"Thank you, thank you mister!!" She jumps up an down while clapping her hands, before I can react Emma has her arms around me and squeezes her head into my chest. I stiffen immediately, I don't like to be touched by people, after a few seconds the feeling disappears and I wrap my arms around her.

"Your welcome Emma" I tell her genuinely.

"Why don't you let the man take Devil home and you can go upstairs and take a shower before dinner?" Her mom asks her.

Emma releases her thighs grip on me and nods.
She bent down and gave Devil a hug and said bye to him. That dog was mean and didn't like other people, now he looks like a dog who shits sunshine and rainbows.. I shake my head amused by him.

"Wait! What's your name?" She turns around and asks just before she was out of the room.

"Xander, that's my name" I tell her.
"I like it! See you tomorrow Xandy and Devil , bye bye" she says and runs out of the room.
That's not my- and she's gone" I release a large breath.

I turn to look at her mother but before I could say something, she does.
"I'm sorry about Emma, when she was little she was in a car crash and banged her head so hard that a part of her brain is permanently damaged. She is a great learner, but her mind is like a little child and it will be like that for the rest of her life. She can use medication for it when it's really bad, but I don't want that for her..That's why she always has a little book with her, it has all important numbers and it also explains her condition in case she gets lost and needs help" she tells me with glossy eyes.

"That just makes her a more beautiful and special girl, I will protect her when she's out with me. I promise you that you have nothing to worry about, I'll give you my number in case you need any help okay?" I answer her. And everything I says is true.
This little girl already has my heart.