Chapter 13

You decided to send him a text and was surprised that you got a response right away.

"Just got word from Geoff -SH"

Simple and to the point. You let yourself go to your room and fall asleep, realizing just how tired you became. Sherlock's previous words came to your mind and you shrugged it off and let sleep take you. You wanted to not think about what you did.

Mycroft could help you.

Sherlock would only enable you.

You awoke, looking around your room you recognised that it was night. The day wasted completely. Your phone was currenty going off you were quick to answer it.

"Hello," you answered too fazed to look at the caller ID.

"There you are, you don't realize how easily worried I am, I all but resisted my urge to send a squad to your house," Mycroft's voice filled your ears, tense and worried. You felt a smile reach your mouth. The only Holmes brother that could worry about someone other than himself.

"I'm sorry, I woke up just now," you heard an approval click of his tongue.

"I assumed so, please eat and drink something, I'll be right over I can bring food actually so just rest up and take a shower ok?" You were nodding though you know it was a pointless gesture.

"Ok thank you Holmes," a click meant he was done talking. To the point, he's probably getting a taxi and ordering food at this very moment. A knock on your door confused you. Sherlock. Only possibility. Even though he knocked, which was very uncommon of Sherlock. Couldn't be Watson though.

"Are you awake?" Sherlock sounded... No, never mind it couldn't be. You sighed and opened the door.

"Yeah sorry I spent the whole day in bed. You looked at Sherlock, who judging by his appearance did not sleep at all.

"Here, I bought some food, and Mrs. Hudson made you tea, just 5 minutes ago, I assumed you'd wake up soon."

You looked pst him into the living room where he was gesturing unsure what to do. You went back to your bed and picked up your phone telling the other Holmes.

"Ok thank you Sherlock, I'll take a shower and brush my teeth." He nodded understanding.

Your shower was thoughtless and quick, you numbly brushed our teeth and was soon back in the living heading for the table that held Chinese food and a cup of tea with a pot still steaming.

"I let the tea boil again, I didn't want you to drink it cold," Sherlock's aid before grabbing a plate. He didn't eat yet.

"You didn't have to wait for me you know? It's already 10 pm, you should have eaten," Sherlock shrugged his shoulders.

"I wasn't hungry," he said simply.

"Mycroft will be over soon," you mumbled as you poured yourself a cup of tea.

How was it yesterday that the two of you were arguing and laughing together so easily?

How have things changed so much. Your eyes went directly to Sherlock who stared back at you with the same glare. Both minds thinking the exact same thoughts with no prompt.

"It's your fault," both of you whispered to each-other. Angry at each others actions.

"You brought it up," you said aiming to end the argument and show how childish and wrong he was.

"And you snogged my brother," he said fighting back just as hard.

"You left me no choice."

"I am an option!"

"Was, you were an option." Correcting him made you feel something but you weren't sure what exactly.

"No, (y/n), I am an option."

Regret, you felt regret.