t e n

"oh shoot"

a series of locks being undone was heard, and jin opened it suddenly and very much unfortunately hitting yoongi right in the forehead who was in the way.

"ah fuck!" yoongi hissed holding his forehead, jin poked his head from behind the door and glared at the pale boy for cursing ,who in return rolled his eyes. yoongi made his way to the kitchen to get an ice pack for his poor forehead which had a very angry red mark forming.

hoseok watched amusedly while jungkook blushed furiously out of embarrassment, jin sighed and cleared his throat dusting off imaginary dust off his shoulders.

"hi nice to meet you!" jin said smiling, going in straight for a hug which slightly surprised hoseok but  he returned it a small smile on his lips in less than a second, however, his arms unsure what to do but nonetheless wrapping them around the taller man with an additional awkward pat on his back.

"you must be the jung hoseok i've been hearing so much about." jin teased jokingly slapping jungkook lightly on the shoulder once he had and hoseok let go of the hug. the latter's eyes widened as he sent pleading glares towards his brother, who in return paid him no mind as he stepped aside to invite both of them in.

he sent a small wink towards jungkook who just frowned at him, the exchange went unnoticed by hoseok who stepped inside the apartment his eyes scanning the interior in wonder. the elder could practically hear jungkook's whines later on, complaining on how he had possibly ended the younger's chances with his 'crush'. 

well, the damage has been done, he's past way the point of return now. right?

hoseok chuckled "yes, i must be. nice to meet you..?" hoseok paused a bit to give the elder a chance to introduce himself, he had to admit that jin was a bit of eccentric character and definitely very different from the ones he had been accustomed to meeting. it was very different, yet somehow refreshing to meet someone so open like the latter and hoseok couldn't help but immediately feel very comfortable around him. 

dancers were more of the opposite, well more of the professional ones that hoseok was around most of the time due to his job as a choreographer at his own studio where he had coincidentally had met jungkook. he remembered instantly taking a liking to how the younger seemed to interpret hoseok's choreography with his own smoothness, he had to admit the younger was still quite rough but that's what added edge and made his dance, his own. 

"it's kim seok-jin, but you can just skip way through the formalities and just call me jin hyung." he smiled brightly, patting hoseok on the shoulder before making his way towards the kitchen which was just adjacent to the living room, a counter being the only border between both rooms.

"make yourself at home hoseok! i'll whip some brunch up, these boys haven't eaten yet too." jin called out from the kitchen, hoseok could already hear a series of beeps indicating the stove turning on.  

"kookie please entertain the guests while i cook!" 

jungkook, who was at the door, froze in place while putting his coat away. his head snapped up meeting eyes with jin who sent him another subtle wink, if he drank a shot everytime jin winked in a day he was pretty sure he'd be very far from living right now. 

he tilted his head slightly to look at hoseok and found him at the sofa, making himself comfortable. he sent a pleading gaze towards jin who shot him a warning glare in return, yoongi watched the exchange with an amused expression on his face, an ice pack practically attached to his forehead.  yoongi shooed off the youngest with rapid hand motions signaling him to make his way towards hoseok.

jungkook, who had tried rid himself of all nervousness (to no success), let out a small shaky sigh before taking unsure steps towards the sofa.

"hey there? you okay jungkook?" 

- - - 

"yoongi, how are they doing?" jin whispered, side eyeing the pale boy who was also sneaking a peek at the duo seated on the sofa. 

"i don't know, too soon too tell." yoongi whispered in reply, still trying to see as much as possible while remaining unseen. jin let out a small 'tsk', suddenly he put on a much more thoughtful expression as he stroked his imaginary beard with two fingers. 

"your brother looks pretty constipated though." yoongi added, this earned a silent wheeze from the elder his face turning red and scarily similar to the flannel he was wearing over his white shirt. his hand held over his mouth trying to suppress the laughter that was threatening to spill out.

a series of slaps were sent to yoongi's side, a habit jin's always had when laughing which was currently very much endangering and effectively lowering yoongi's mortality rate 

 "that is a very effective way of putting it but now i can't unsee it this is all your doing min yoongi." jin managed to whisper shakily in between silent laughter, yoongi shot the latter an annoyed look before slapping his hands off "hyung, stop trying to give me another injury." 

of course it turned into a small cat-fight where the two eldest, mind you, not backing down for the sake of their pride (a dramatic way of putting it by the author)

"are you both okay? do you need me to help out with brunch?" a worried voice reached them, effectively catching their attention. like deer caught in headlights, both boys turned towards hoseok who shot them a worried look while jungkook 's face was now rid of any signs of anxiety ( or in yoongi's words 'constipation') and instead a small bunny smile replaced it  instead. 

yoongi cleared his throat "oh- uh, no. we're good. just getting warmed up to crack some eggs." he smiled, giving jin slow awkward slaps on  jin'sshoulder while the latter just nodded in agreement, letting small giggles spill out at yoongi's attempt to salvage what was left of their dignity in front of hoseok. 

"now where were those eggs." yoongi said simply, having heard jin's giggles. 

"in the cabinet-." 

apparently yoongi hadn't needed jin's guidance at all, and jin should have realized it considering how many times the latter had crashed at their house for a meal. and he realized this when he felt the cabinet come into contact with his forehead, and a small sarcastic 'oops' following it was when he realized it was purely intentional. 

"yah, min yoongi-"

"an injury for an injury." 

"it's 'an eye for an eye'!" 

"oh shut it, it's the same thing. let's get it on with brunch, might as well get started with dinner while we're at it considering how long this is taking."

- - - 

i'm back with yoonjin the comedic duo! it's been a while!  thank you supporting this book by still commenting on it and voting on it, i'm so grateful! 

i listened to this chapter listening to 'telepathy' by bts, its definitely one of my favourites it just gives me a really funky and light vibe i'm in love with the song and it's very similar to the vibe I'm going for in this book which made writing this chapter much more fun! also, i'm sorry there wasn't much junghope content in this one but i promise they'll  be out more in the following chapters! 

this chapter might have mistakes i might have missed while proof reading and for that i apologize, i'm still rusty but i'll try to get better and release a new chapter soon

if ya'll want let's be moots on tumblr! here's my un: @/honivoid.  i'll be posting mainly thoughts, maybe bangtan drabbles that'll be cross posted with my works here on wattpad. let's follow each other and be friends!

i'll update as soon as possible, slowly get into the writing groove and find a schedule that fits me best!  and keep ya'll satisfied with junghope content! 

thank you everyone! stay safe, healthy and don't forget to smile!

till next time!

-hazyseok <3