Chapter 12

It was the same second that Iwaizumi could feel all eyes drilling into him, curious for his answer. An uncomfortable silence hovered above the table, until Nishinoya spoke up again, voice laced with mild worry.
"Oikawa-san is serious, ya know?"
Iwaizumi breathed out a deep sigh and slowly rose from his seat, eyes locked to the clock.
"I think I have to go, too. Don't wait for me."
Hinata gasped and watched Iwaizumi hurry out of the store with pursed lips, cheeks puffed adorably into a pout Kageyama had a hard time resisting to. Sugawara narrowed his eyebrows, making brief eye contact with Daichi. What was that all about?

Iwaizumi didn't bother to engage in any further interaction about this topic. Why would he? Shittykawa never took anything serious.
The inu breathed out a deep and annoyed sigh. Even when he wasn't with him Oikawa kept annoying him to the very core. Fuck, this was frustrating. Iwaizumi threw his pillow against the wall in front of him and turned around to flash a glance into Oikawa's room, relieved to see it empty. His friend was most likely helping his mother around the house to earn her favor again; it was a side of Oikawa nobody but him had ever witnessed. It had surprised him to see Oikawa Tooru so caring and passionate about being a good son to his mother, he loved her so much it was funny how uneasy he felt at even a single glare directed at him.

Actually... wasn't Oikawa just as protective about him, too?
"Don't be stupid Hajime..." the inu muttered to himself and lifted his own tail onto his lap to brush it a little, it had gotten pretty messy throughout the morning and he hated it when his fur stood in all directions. Though his hair was a different story; god would praise the day he would get this mess under control.
For now, he had nothing better to do than to sit out the most boring day of the week and wait for Monday, with school and practice to come and entertain him.

"Good morning Iwa-chan!"
Iwaizumi froze at his porch, eyes wandering over to Oikawa who was just stepping out of his own house. Sometimes he felt pretty disturbed that the first thing he always heard in the morning was Oikawa's voice. The ace breathed out a soft sigh and merely greeted Oikawa with a wave, before both of them walked down towards the train station.
Oikawa had pulled out his phone and was probably checking out his own style while Iwaizumi was just plugging his earphones in; forced to hold on for a moment as Oikawa's melodic voice chirped at him right from his side.
"I think I look absolutely fabulous today. My hair is shining, my make up sits perfect- Do you think I'm cute? Usually I'm only gorgeous but this time, I think I absolutely nailed-" "Yes, you did," Iwaizumi interupted him quietly, shoving the second bud into his ear, music already turned on to get rid of all outside noise. If he could see a tiny blush on Oikawa's cheeks, Iwaizumi just did it off as too much blush put on by his friend.

As soon as they took their first steps into the school, Iwaizumi had to part a few inches from his friend to make place for Oikawa's most stubborn fans, around five girls with sweets carefully wrapped inside their hands, all of them surrounding Oikawa in less than a second.
"Senpai, I made these for you!"
Iwaizumi cringed as he watched the encounter, yet his face twisted into a scowl when Oikawa, just as usual, had no problem accepting the gifts with the most sincere smiles of gratitude. A quiet huff went past his lips as the inu turned and trotted to his own classroom, hands curled into fists.

That was exactly the reason why he wasn't ever going to believe Oikawa. No matter the number of date invites Oikawa threw at him, he was never putting effort into going after Iwaizumi himself. It wasn't like he wanted a present, but he would very much like to be once in his entire fucking life the only one Oikawa had his attention on! Iwaizumi just despised the way he would stop for any girl who tried to get his attention; and would leave him standing every single fucking time to accept a gift of some stupid bimbo.
The male sucked in a breath to try and calm down. His heart fluttered with jealousy and he was absolutely sick of having to watch this every fucking day since they enrolled in highschool.

During volleyball training, Hanamaki watched Iwaizumi spike with a mild grin on his lips. Matsukawa snorted next to him and gave him a knowing jab with his elbow.
"Are they having a lovers-quarrel again?"
"Doubt it," Hanamaki hummed, eyes moving over to Oikawa who was setting yet another ball towards the ace, "Else Oikawa wouldn't be this motivated to train with him."
Matsukawa paused and kept his silence in favor of Yahaba commenting from the sidelines.
"If you ask me, I think Iwaizumi is mad again at himself. I wonder how many fangirls he had to see hovering around Oikawa today. Pretty obvious how jealous he is."
Yahaba shook his head in disbelief, it could be so easy to put an end to all this. Simply tell Oikawa. But no way in hell Iwaizumi was going to step over his pride and talk it out with him; they weren't even an official couple.

It wasn't too long until Iwaizumi was covered in sweat and sat down for a moment to catch a breather, desperately swallowing down the bottle of water he had been given to like it was a godsent. It wasn't until the very last moment that he saw Oikawa marching out of the door with a meaningful smile on his lips, shouting back to his teammates, "I'll be stepping out for a bit, don't worry, it'll take like five minutes~ But I know you'll all be missing me."

Iwaizumi narrowed his eyebrows, glaring at the entrance. Oh for fuck's sake, he knew what this was about.

Well, I think I actually have gained a bit inspiration again, so I'll be continuing this book~

I hope you're all happy, because it was 85% your comments which moved me to continue this. Thanks for the support! It's greatly appreciated.