Chapter 3

Iwaizumi entered the Karasuno gym with mixed feelings. He was going to train with his pack, however, in Seijou Karasuno was considered one of their worst enemies.

"Alright!!" coach Ukai yelled and everyone lined up, including Iwaizumi. As he saw the broad spiker, Ukai made a surprised face.
"Iwaizumi? Aren't you supposed to be in Seijou?"
"He's joining us today. Iwaizumi won't make trouble," Asahi smiled and after a minute of silence the coach shrugged with a sigh.
"I don't care. For now, let's start with a few laps."
"Iwaizumi-san! You don't have to hide in here, you know? The doors are locked, no one can get in and see us!" a hyper Hinata exclaimed, wings bouncing which every motion. Iwaizumi froze and his eyes darted over to Takeda and Ukai. Takeda-sensei narrowed his eyebrows and smiled helplessly.
"Another one...? Ah I don't mind, as long as it doesn't disturb the training."

Tanaka, Nishinoya, Hinata, Sugawara and Asahi crowded around Iwaizumi with wide grins.
"Take it off!"
"Take it off!"
"Take it off!"
Iwaizumi breathed out a loud whine and finally fished the charm out of his pocket. For a moment, his eyes lingered on the magical word embedded into the leather and finally, he laid it down on the bench.
While Hinata, Asahi and Kageyama remained calm at this view, Tanaka, Nishinoya and Yamaguchi freaked out.
"Wow!! You look fucking scary, man!"
"I doubt anyone would want to mess with you!"
"You remind me really of Aone!"
Sugawara laughed and shook his head.
"Leave him alone guys."

Iwaizumi, Hinata and Kageyama raced during the laps and, being overly competetive like usual, Iwaizumi grinned into Hinata's face as he proved he was faster as inu than the orange haired middle blocker.
New and fascinating were also the differences between Kageyama's, Suga's and Oikawa's tosses towards him and yet Iwaizumi spiked them all down.
"ROLLING... THUNDEEEER!!!" he heard Nishinoya yell in front of him during a diving receive and snickered quietly, in some ways the loud libero reminded him of his childhood friend.

Iwaizumi was actually sad as the club practice ended. The day was the best one he had ever had so far and it was depressing it was about to end.
"Oe Kageyama, let's continue," he heard Hinata say and watched as the two reentered the gym.
"Don't you dare staying until midnight again, Tobio-kun!" Azumane shouted and Kageyama rolled his eyes with an attempt of a smile. Holy shit that was creepy.
"Can I-" Iwaizumi began but Azumane pulled him away without allowing him to finish his sentence, "Trust me, you don't want to join. Since they've become a couple this usual ends with a make out session."

Iwaizumi blinked twice, his eyes darted back and forth between the couple and his friend.
"...wait. What?!"
"Yeah. Tobio and Hinata usually get so worked up by that training their frustration explodes-...into that. I walked in on them... you don't want to see that."
"Oh my god," Iwaizumi groaned and facepalmed, "Okay okay. It's getting late anyway... See you Azumane."
Both did smiling a handshake and Iwaizumi highfived Nishinoya.
"Getcha later, Iwaizumi-san."
"Sure. Take care."

Back on his way to the train Hajime took out his phone to hear a bit of music yet the amount of messages was mindblowing.

Kindaichi: Iwaizumi-senpai are you okay?! You never miss practice!

Kindaichi: I heard you weren't even in school! Are you sick? Is it a fever? How do you feel?

Kindaichi: Please answer me!!

10 missed calls from Kindaichi

Iwaizumi sighed. He didn't plan on worrying his kouhai.

Mattsun: Are you okay Iwaizumi-san? Kindaichi said he can't reach you and none of us saw you today

Mattsun: Do you have your phone on silent again?

Two missed calls from Mattsun

Kunimi: Iwaizumi?

Iwaizumi's breath hitched. Even Kunimi? He didn't expect that. His entire team had been spamming him with messages. Hajime's whole team but one.
Oikawa still had him blocked.
Iwaizumi shouldn't care but his heart sank at the empty chatbox. Didn't Oikawa care about him anymore?
Oikawa annoyed him daily, he got so used to his puppy following him around chanting "Iwa-chan" that he started to take it for granted.
Kageyama's tosses were better than Oikawa's and yet the Seijou ace missed how Oikawa would always chime "Iwa-chan" before tossing to him. They used to be inseparable...

The pain in his heart took his air to breathe, it clenched his lungs and made him feel nauseous. Why did Oikawa abandon him? Because of his race, right? He hadn't expected that Oikawa, of all people, was a racist-
Yet the common definition wasn't about inus, nekos or winged children. But fine. Iwaizumi didn't want to care anymore.
"If he doesn't like my race... Fine. Go to hell Shittykawa and never come back."

***

"Iwaizumi-senpai!!" Kindaichi exclaimed and Hanamaki raised his eyebrows.
"Where have you been? Nobody was here to punch Oikawa!"
Iwaizumi sighed and his eyes darted over to the captain who practiced his serves, not bothered to pay a single bit of attention to his former childhood friend. Nothing had changed. The same smell of volleyballs, sweat, and the individual scents of his team mates Iwaizumi inhaled reminded him of home.

Seijou.

Iwaizumi liked Karasuno and knew he had a good place in there but his years of going through thick and thin with his volleyball club couldn't be replaced by that.
"I took a day off."
"You... this isn't work Iwaizumi-san! You can't just take a day off!" Yahaba exclaimed with a pissed expression and the ace shrugged.
"Fucking watch me Yahaba."
Kunimi narrowed his eyebrows, hesitation flashing within his eyes. Iwaizumi was... different than usual.
"Where were you?"

Iwaizumi's eyes grew wide and he pushed past his team.
"Training. Now."
"Oi! Iwaizumi! Spill it!"
But Hajime ignored the constant nagging of the others. However, Oikawa's silence and their reaction forced him to think. Did Oikawa keep his secret? Obviously, the first ones who would have gotten to know about it were his team mates.
Hajime stifled a light smile and watched Kindaichi spike a ball from Oikawa.
"At least he didn't tell anyone..."