CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN: Kicker

Start from the beginning

Before I knew it, I was being pulled off of him. The feeling of his throat beneath my hand, and the harsh twist of my dodgy shoulder caused by Mikasa prying me off...I hadn't even known that was what I was doing. It was just like the first training course, back before my world turned to shit.

Again, even though I had released the titan shifter the moment I came to my senses, I was pulled back, and the hand around my wrist didn't relent as it began to drag me off towards the cabin.
"Deal with your horses. When you're finished, I've got the cleaning supplies prepared, so get to work." Levi ordered sternly, whisking me away. I didn't even try to fight back this time, knowing I likely needed whatever tongue lashing he was about to bombard me with after such a violent display.

I blacked out...

Into the cabin, up the stairs, I was plonked down in what looked like a study, right on the floor. Levi walked a few paces before heaving a sigh, turning to look down at me.
"Was this the first time that happened since training?" A straightforward question wasn't what I had been expecting at all, so it took me a few moments to answer.
"I mean...kind of..? I think it happened at that castle...but...I..." I rubbed my head, flattening a few stray hairs into place. "...I have no fucking clue."

Before responding, Levi turned away and walked towards the window, likely peering down at his new squad.
"You need to let me know if this happens again. When it first occurred, I didn't like it, so I asked Hange to do some research. It turns out that post traumatic stress disorder can have a similar effect on the brain..." He folded his arms snug against his chest, dipping his head a little. "It can be dangerous, (Y/N). I think you can realise just how much so after nearly ringing Eren's throat like a dish rag..."

I would never get used to hearing my name spoken in Levi's voice, but even when that made my chest seize, I could still completely focus on the severity of the prognosis.
"In my defense...it probably would've happened eventually, whether I blacked out or not..." I admitted bitterly, letting myself slowly fall back until I was laying flat on the wooden floorboards. "It makes sense, though...The fall...Trost...The forest...That hairy ballsack titan cunt...It honestly wouldn't surprise me if I was a nutcase..."

Actually, it would explain a lot...Just what I need. More bullshit.

The squeak I had trapped before came out full force in the next few moments, as before I knew it, Levi was standing over me, a leg either side of my body. He was looking down at me with a look I hadn't seen on his face before. Not angered, nor exactly soft. It was something I couldn't quite identify.
"Even if that's the case, I need my nutcase to be at the top of her game. Not sprawled on my floor, looking like a piece of meat."

The only other sound I could hear apart from his words was the deafening thud of my heartbeat in my ears. I didn't need a mirror to know I was blushing, as the heat was scorching in my cheeks, as well as other places I didn't even want to begin to think about in such a moment. Responding was out of the question. If I had tried to speak, nothing but a sputtering wheeze would have left me.

He...said...his..?!

"Unless..." There was no missing the swell of his pupils as he lifted one of his legs, pressing his boot down, somewhat lightly, upon my pelvis. "...you want to be seen as a piece of meat by me..?" If I had been in shock before, god only knew what sort of reaction my body was having after he opened his mouth and said that, of all things. I hated the fact that I kind of enjoyed the way his weight pushed down on me, even if it was barely enough to keep me pinned. It was as though he was testing the waters, whether or not I'd try to get out of the situation.

I didn't. I wasn't sure that I would have been able to, even if I wanted to. There was something about his eyes; so devilishly hungry, that kept me the one thing I had always denied to be.

Obedient.

"S..Si-" Before that word; that one, fateful word, could slip past my lips, the door opened, followed by a panicked shriek from our resident potato muncher.
"THE CAPTAIN KILLED (N/N)!" Sasha wailed so loud, it seemed to break me from my trance, but Levi merely glared at her in annoyance.
"I..I'm not dead, Sash..." I murmured, still pinned to the floor by a polished boot.
"(N/N) IS ALIVE!"

I'm really not sure after that...

Again, my little heart to heart with Erwin circled around in my head, and I wasn't sure if I felt sick or excited.
"Your chores are waiting, brat..." Finally; almost hesitantly, Levi stepped away, allowing me to scramble to my feet. Even when Sasha grabbed my arm and began pulling me out of the room, my eyes remained on my captain.

That was...I don't even...Why did I...enjoy that feeling..?

It was a kind of adrenaline I hadn't experienced before, and it lingered long after Levi's dark, piercing eyes were out of sight. As Sasha dragged me along, towards the stairs, I started thinking about both Erwin and Connie's advice. Instinct had never given me anything worthwhile, apart from a grim survival, so an idea popped into my head. Something that I really knew would be one of the worst possible string of events for my fragile state to try to handle.

If Levi made me feel like that...then...what would...they make me feel like..?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***Reader definitely had an extra helping of dumb bitch juice today***