Chapter 15: 6 Questions??

Akiko walked towards the couch and sat down. Ayato looked away.

"Hey Ayato?" Akiko asked.

"What"

"A question a day." Akiko giggled.

Ayato sighed and walked towards her. He sat down beside her, "Shoot."

"I get to ask two right? I didn't ask you one yesterday." Akiko said.

Ayato didn't say anything. He kept his eyes shut as usual and folded his arms.

"I'll take it as yes then." Akiko said.

There was silence in the room.

Akiko thought of a question, "You... Haru and Saki... you all were humans in your past life right?... How did you three become what you are today?..."

Akiko opened his eyes.

"We all died." Ayato said.

Akiko was confused but kept quiet.

"We became what we are according to the sins of our past lives. On rare occasions, when you die, you'll meet the gatekeeper of the realm of souls. If you do, he'll give you two choices. One, immediately reincarnate. Two, according to what you did in your past life, become an immortal."Akiko said.

"Why.. would you want to become an immortal?" Akiko asked.

"Because I want revenge." Ayato replied.

"Revenge?.."

Ayato sighed, "Out of 10 million people, probably only one being will be able to meet the gate keeper. Each one of us, Haru, Saki and myself... We all want revenge."

"Haru was able to become an angel because he was kind and gentle to the people around him in his past life. Saki, became a devil because he killed someone." Ayato explained.

"Haru died after being framed by his girlfriend. He was sentenced to death and hung. Saki, he was sold  by his parents since young. His younger Brother later died after being beaten to death by the people who bought them. He later killed his adoptive Mother but was thrown off the building by his adoptive Father. They both.. want revenge."

"If they chose to become an immortal, they will be able to find the person that they want revenge on, the person would have already reincarnated of course, and get revenge on them. But of course, they would only be able to kill them after they collected enough souls.They will have to collect at least one soul a day and a maximum of five a day. After reaching 50 billion souls, they will then be able to find and kill them. After killing them and getting revenge, they would disappear and vanish forever."

"I didn't know that they... had such a past..." Akiko hung her head low.

"What about you Ayato? Why did you become a reaper?.." Akiko asked.

Ayato's eyes became colder than they already were, "Next question."

Akiko knew she had  hit a weak spot and quickly tried to change her question, "When we first met each other in the hospital ward.. I heard all of you mentioning that I'm a fallen angel.. and that fallen angel's souls are extremely valuable.. why exactly?..."

Ayato sighed, "All the souls that we collect, we all have to hand them over to the gate keeper. If we collect a fallen angel's soul, it would be equivalent to 10 million souls."

"Why... is that?.." Akiko asked.

Ayato was about to answer when he suddenly thought of something, "You've asked six questions in total, I've said before that those questions which you've asked but I chose not to reply also counts."

Ayato smirked, "So for the next six days.."

"HEY! WAIT! That's not fair.." Akiko grumbled.

"Too bad." Ayato said and got up from the couch.

Akiko folded her arms. She saw Ayato walking out of the living room.

"Hey where are you going?"

"Back to sleep."

Akiko sighed, but then she thought, what... happened.. in your past that made you want revenge so badly.. Ayato?