Part 1: Walking Evidence

In the bustling MM Tasty building, an 8-year-old girl named Mishti Murty Malhotra entered with determination, accompanied by a small bag. Approaching the reception, she inquired about meeting Mr. Cabir Malhotra.

Girl: Can I meet Mr. Cabir Malhotra?

The receptionist, surprised to see such a young visitor, maintained professionalism.

Receptionist: Do you have an appointment?

Girl: Sorry, I don't have one. But please give this file to him; he'll call me.

Receptionist: Sure, wait a few seconds in the visiting room.

As Mishti quietly walked to the room with her bag, the receptionist informed Cabir about the unexpected guest.

Receptionist: Sir, there's a little girl here, about 8 years old, who wants to meet you. She handed me a file to show you.

Cabir: What little girl? Where is she now? And send me the file first.

Upon opening the file, his eyes widened in disbelief at the revelations within. The birth certificate and DNA report disclosed that Misthi Murthy Malhotra was the offspring of Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy.

In a whirlwind of emotions, he urgently summoned his receptionist to bring the little girl to his office. As Misthi entered, Cabir was struck by the uncanny blend of Manik and Nandini's traits. Her walk, attitude, and facial features echoed a miniature version of his brother and best friend. The certainty dawned on him; she was undeniably the daughter of the once passionate college lovers.

Overwhelmed with conflicting emotions, Cabir greeted her cautiously. "Hello, Mr. Malhotra. Are you busy, or can we talk?"

Speechless, Cabir recognized Nandini's distinctive way of speaking in Misthi. After regaining composure, he engaged in conversation. "Hello, dear. Yes, we can talk now. What is your name?"

The reply came with a businesslike demeanor, "My name is Mishti Murty Malhotra. I came here to meet my so-called parents to discuss my future life."

Cabir, still reeling from shock, considered noting this day in his diary. As Misthi spoke, it became evident that her approach to life resembled a seasoned business negotiator. Determined to be a part of the unfolding excitement, Cabir suggested, "First, you have to call me Chachu (uncle) as you're my brother's daughter. Then, you must be my crime partner. Give me some time; I need to talk to your idiotic parents. It's not an easy task."

Misthi agreed, "Okay, Chachu (uncle), but now I'm hungry. Can you get me food?"

Manik pov.

I was kissing my new PA who ready to do anything to get the job. The intrusive ring of my phone elicited a twinge of annoyance within me. Glancing at the display, shock coursed through me; Cabir, evidently still harboring resentment over my breakup with Nandini, was the unexpected caller. His communication had dwindled to only essential matters since then.

With a hint of exasperation, I responded, "What prompts you to call me now?"

C: Nothing much. Yours and Nandini's wild night evidence came to my office today with bang. So, can you please come to my office soon as possible. I'll be reaching out to Nandini shortly, requesting her presence here as well. Bye.