Sour

Christmas was nearing, it was only days away. Three and a half weeks had passed since my relationship with Ray was declared official, but it felt like longer. Possibly because we had been in a weird limbo phase of not wanting to scare the other away, but also because these weeks had been especially stressful.

We had been decorating the Way's house, which was fun, but the whole time I was worried about how I was going to amend things with CeCe. Though we had started talking again, it always seemed forced and awkward. I wand to get something for her that she would really like, but what to get her?

Aside from worries over my roommate, I had midterm finals to worry about. Studying was eating up almost all of my time, and though I had taken most of my midterms already, they left me drained each day. I would come either back to my house or Ray's and crash on the nearest thing. Having to look and care for two rambunctious little girls for hours multiple days per week on top of everything was only making it worse. Ray tried to help, but there wasn't much he could do but be patient with my high-strung and irritable stress personality until finals week was over.

While the guys were outside, stringing lights along the house, I stayed inside with Gerard's mom and helped decorate the tree. Every ornament had some story or memory behind it, making the tree fit right in at the house. Mrs. Way would tell me stories about Gerard and Mikey from when they were babies all the way up to things that had happened in the last month. Soon, I started to feel that lonely ache again.

I tried to shake it off, but the ache was persistent. With how exhausted I already was, I didn't need some stupid depressive episode ruining my holiday too. Every thing around me seemed to be moving slowly, including myself, even though all I really wanted was to move as fast as I could. Luckily, the sound of the door opening snapped me out of my trance.

"Hello Ms. Donna," Frank closed the door behind him and rubbed his cold hands together. "Hello Y/n. Is the hot chocolate ready yet?"

"Mm-hmm." Donna smiled at him. "Y/n you can take a break and go have cocoa with Frank if you'd like. I can finish up on my own."

I thanked her and walked into the kitchen with Frank. He poured each of us a mug and invited me to sit with him. I gladly sat down and took a sip from the cup. "I'm glad you decided to come along today Y/n." Frank said.

"Yeah?" I looked up.

"Yeah," he repeated. "I think it means a lot to Ray; having you around. He likes that you're so happy to be around us."

"It means a lot to me to have him around too." I ran my finger up the mug, carefully tracing the shape design. "He's been so great these past few weeks, dealing with my neurotic, overworked ass." I laughed.

"I think he likes it;" Frank pondered. "I think having you around him reminds him that he's real. It gives him some sort of meaning and purpose you know?"

"Yeah, I understand." Our cups were nearly empty not long after that. Frank stood up.

"I guess I better get back out there before the rest of them try to kick my ass." Frank looked out the window as we walked back to the living room.

Suddenly, my head started feeling very light, along with a pounding in my forehead. I couldn't feel my legs walking even though I saw myself moving towards the door. I saw Frank's mouth moving, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not make out what he was saying. When he turned back to me, his jovial expression morphed into concern, then.......

RAY'S POV

My attention was caught by Frank yelling from inside the house. Through the window, I saw Y/n slumped against his shoulder, unconscious, and ran as quickly as I could to her. "What happened?" I asked frantically.