Did You Know That Doors are Cursed?

Y/N'S POV

There is a curse that befalls all doors. Perhaps this curse was laid upon them by a wizard who was fed up with their teenage child sneaking home 3 hours past curfew. Or a sorceress whose husband had a habit of being unfaithful and frivolous with the joint bank account of which the sorceress was the primary funder. Regardless of the method and reasoning with which the curse came about, it did not fail to infect my front door when Ray dropped me off at my house that morning.

The Door might as well have been a sea-harried sailor with the obscenities that were screeched from its hinges. I tried to coax it into quiet submission, but my efforts were in vain; the curse showed its other ability, which was to summon the demon with which I shared the house.

"Y/n." CeCe was short with me. A smirk stretched her lip while her arms rested, folded curtly under each other.

"Cecily." I was going to play her game. Even if I would lose. Her triumph was nearly a guarantee, but just like the Door, I would not default to a pathetic submission. I would go out screaming if I had to.

CeCe took long strides toward me, ready to strike me with her venom of scrutiny and cruel jokes. She did not stop when she reached me, opting to direct her strides in a wide circle around me. "You didn't come home last night."

"Sure didn't." I stayed still, save for one cocked hip and a disinterested expression. "I told you I wouldn't be, so I don't see why you're sticking your nose in places where it doesn't belong." I shrugged. "Of course, I should come to expect you to weasel your way into private parts of my life by now."

"Yeah?" She sneered. I had successfully jabbed the viper with a hot iron. "I can think of someone trying to weasel their way into some other 'private parts' of yours."

"Care to elaborate....Cecily?" She hissed at the name and I smirked. I knew all the right buttons to press; CeCe had the habit of wearing her soul on her sweatshirt, which isn't very convenient for someone who likes to make personal remarks.

"Oh just that sheep you spend all night talking to." Her voice was getting harsher with every word. "Not my fault you're out screwing every chance you get."

"That's not what we were doi-"

"Oh save the story, Y/n." CeCe rolled her eyes, walking behind me. "You were out all night 'cause you were fucking. Just admit it and we can be done here."

"No!" I whipped around, furious. "We weren't fucking! Unlike you, I'm not so insecure that I let the first boy who shows interest into my pants! And I'm smart enough to recognize when he just wants me for sex, too."

CeCe was quiet. "And furthermore, it's not your concern why I was not here last night. I am 20 years old, and you are not my mother, so I would like to advise you to stay out of my private affairs unless I invite you in. Any questions?"

She just shook her head and turned around, walking back into her room. The door slammed, shaking the whole house.

I desperately needed to clear my mind after that spat, so I made quick resolve to change clothes and go on a walk. After peeling off all of my clothes, I sat in my clean underwear for a few minutes and stared at the floor. I was so tired of CeCe. Her snide comments were never very funny. I wanted to move so badly, but there wasn't anywhere for me to go. Until I had a plan, I was stuck with the bitch.

After realizing that I was only in underwear, but also socks and shoes, I sprang up to put on more clothing. Nothing seemed to hit the perfect level of co.fort I was striving for, until  a piece of cloth hanging from my purse caught my eye.

Now, I'll be the first to tell you stealing is wrong, but I'm also the first to point out that humans are flawed. Ray's shirt was just too perfect for me to let slip through my fingers. It was soft, the fabric tensile from frequent use and washings. It harboured that strong, comforting man scent that I've always wanted to re-create. A scent that just says: "I'll hold you while you cry, and I won't let go until you're sound asleep." The garment fell loosely around me, and paired well with my jeans.

I walked out the front door and down the street with no direction. There were only thoughts of my prince racing through my head. I recalled how nice his lips felt against mine. The curls brushing my face. His strong arms wrapped around me. I wanted that all the time. I felt so alone without him. Unsure of what to do. I laughed a little to myself that a boy I met only a few weeks ago had changed my life so much. How greatly he had affected me was surprising.

Work the next day was difficult. Maia and Julie had apparently decided it was their life's mission to see how many tantrums they could throw in one day. I realized that they both had very good arms.

I was about to leave when the girls' parents stopped me. I was invited to a big party at their house, and could bring one guest.

-----^^^^^-----

"Sooooo.....do you wanna come with me?"

"Uuummm...." I approached Ray with my proposal that night. We were sat in his car, eating tacos under that fading sunlight. Though I had greeted him with a hug and kiss on the cheek, there was no mention from either of us of the night we spent together a few days prior. No discussion was had over the status of our relationship, which was understandable. We had had only one date (not counting that he had asked me to come with him to get food that night,) and only known each other for about a month. I had a feeling that we were both just nervous to ask the other. "Ok." Ray finally responded after a long silence.

"Cool. I'll let them know."

Alright Beanie Babies. Ya boi is hecca sad rn cause my senior friends are leaving. Their graduation is tomorrow and I'm gonna cry like a mf. Love yall!

XoXo,
Dizzy S.