PART- 4 (THE JOURNEY STARTS)

The car whizzed past the familiar streetscape and in 20 minutes we were on the highway evading among the speeding vehicles, honks.

We discussed about the routes and other stuffs. I opened the window by my side and positioned my chin on the rim of the window. A gust of strong wind hit my face, ruffled through my hair and diffused into my body, seeping through my blood till my toes. I sensed a strange coolness and serenity in me.

I was interrupted by Riya's voice.

"Hello madam, down to Earth."

I threw an angry glare towards Riya.

"What's your problem?" I asked Riya.

"It would be nice if you put on some music. We are travelling to Goa and not to a funeral. Gotta have some 'peppy' vibes in the air."

She was right. Krish had a small speaker in the car. I took the speaker which already had an SD card in it. I turned it on and pressed on the next button speculating which song to play. I paused my finger when Taylor Swifts 22 song made its way through the speaker. I kept the speaker beside the steering of the car. We were all now humming and singing along. Then our music spree ranged from Taylor Swift to Anirudh fleeting through various languages and beats.

Basically I am a Tamilian. My parents moved to Mumbai when I was 5 years old. Since then I stayed in Bandra. But my parents never forgot to tell me about my native and I was fluent in speaking Tamil. I visited my native place during the holidays. My friends too learned Tamil from me as they have spent nearly 13 years and are as fluent as I am.

Exactly after 5 hours and 40 minutes of travel we stopped by a hotel for lunch. I got down from the car and my body felt numb after sitting for a long time in the poky space. I stretched my hands and legs and stood at the parking lot of the hotel. My stomach was grumbling and I was very hungry as if I didn't eat for weeks.

"What ya, feeling hungry ah?" asked Varun.

This one annoys me.

"No, Mr.Varun. I feel so full as if I had a feast." I replied sarcastically.

I huffed and walked into the hotel. We took one of the corner tables.

I pulled out my mobile from my pocket. There were some messages from Aju, Mom and dad.

Shanu...everything fine? ARJUN.

Where r u? - ARJUN.

Had lunch na?ARJUN.

Too bc???ARJUN.

Aju... Am fine.SHANAYA.

Gonna have lunch. – SHANAYA.

Waitin for the food to arrive. SHANAYA.

Wassup thr??? SHANAYA.

I typed out a similar text to dad and mom informing about my whereabouts. In a few minutes, my mobile beeped.

In movie...txt u latr. ARJUN.

Tc ARJUN.

I kept my mobile aside as the food arrived and binged onto my food.

In an hour we walked out to the parking lot after paying the bill with our tummies full. We were engaged in our usual bickering stuffs. I switched my seat with Krish and drove the car.

In about two hours we reached a hotel in Belgaum town where we planned to stay tonight. Niki had already booked two rooms.

We entered the hotel lobby and received our keys from the receptionist. We headed towards our respective rooms and dumped our luggages in. Me, Niki and Riya took one room and the boys took the.

I plopped myself onto the bed as soon as I entered.

"What happened to you, Shanz?" asked Riya, unpacking her baggage.

"I am fucking tired right now. I need some time to compose myself." I replied, stuffing my face into the pillow.

"You lazy ass", countered Niki.

I looked up from the pillow shooting daggers towards Niki and again sunk my face into the pillow. I was too tired to bicker.

I was suddenly shaken vigorously. I opened my eyes and saw Niki and Riya by my side.

"Wake up, sleepy head." said Riya.

"Did I sleep for a long time?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"For about 15 minutes, dear." replied Niki.

These girls are irritating. They could have let me sleep for some more time. No wonder they are my friends.

"Now wake up or we would drag you out." said Riya.

"What's the hurry? Is the room on fire?" I asked, sitting up on the bed.

"We have come here to enjoy and not to sleep." replied Riya in an authoritative tone.

They were right. We are here to enjoy our holidays and I shouldn't be like a lazy sloth.

"Take a shower. It would freshen you." advised Niki.

I groaned and walked towards the washroom.

I walked out of the washroom after a nice shower. It really refreshed me. I wore a black gown up to my knees. Riya was on the laptop working something and Niki was in the balcony talking to someone on the phone.

I brushed my hair and put on a pony tail. My mobile flashed which was on the dresser.

What Shanu? Having fun na? - ARJUN.

Yup....Having soooo much fun with extremely annoying idiots wid me😜😜😜😜. SHANAYA.

Well....U r no different 😂😂😂😂 ARJUN.

Go to hell. – SHANAYA.

🤧🤧🤧🤧SHANAYA.

Sure, sis...C u thrARJUN.

😁😁😁😁ARJUN.

Bye ARJUN.

Fuck off SHANAYA.

I tossed my mobile over the bed and walked towards the balcony.

I just stood there watching the serene panorama. The sun was about to set and the sky had pinkish red streaks over it. The leaves gently rustled as the wind swiped over them. The birds were returning to their nests in a v – shaped formation.

I felt an odd tranquil emotion settling upon me. It felt so weird and wonderful. I had this strange feel in me telling me that something is going to happen. I felt that this trip is going to be one of the unforgettable days in my life.

A/N:

Hey guys....

Sorry for the late update.... Will try to update soon next time.

Whom do U think will be the best to play SHANAYA?

I have already assumed SHANAYA as ALIA BHATT. Though if U have a better cast comment on it.

And also comment on ur choices of cast for Riya, Nikita, Aravind, Krish, Varun and Arjun.

Kindly excuse the grammatical errors since this is my first book.

PLEASE DO VOTE AND PROMOTE THIS BOOK if U like it.