PART - 5 (THE TREK)

The next morning, I woke up early. I had a deep slumber last night and I felt refreshed. I did my daily errands and was ready by 6:30 A.M. I put on my boots, took my backpack and went to the boys room. I knocked the door. Krish opened the door and let me in. In a few minutes, Riya and Niki marched into the room all set for the trek. The boys took their bags and we walked out of the room.

Guys, Ill check-out the rooms. You go ahead. said Niki and walked towards the receptionist.

We started the car and waited for Niki near the entrance. Niki joined us and we resumed our journey.

After 2 hours, we finally reached Kalsa falls from where our trekking begins to Sural falls. We got off the car and took our back packs. We were ready for our trek. We were aided with a guide.

I took my backpack and examined the surrounding. It was serene and green.

Shall we start, madam? asked Varun, tapping my shoulder.

Of course.

We started walking through the sandy pathway. I took my handy-cam and started recording.

Just then, Varun came before the camera and started making weird faces.

Move off, Varun. I didnt bring my camera to see your face all over the frame. I said and shoved him aside.

He didnt budge.

Hey guys, I am here on trek to Sural falls with my friends. he spoke with his face facing the cam and walked backwards. I tried to move him aside from the frame but he didnt move and continued his narration.

......by the way guys...if you are wondering who this handsome guy is...I am Varun, the most handsome and smartest in the gro..., before he could finish Niki smacked his head and pulled him off the camera, laughing.

Great job, Niki, exclaimed Krish, giggling.

I chuckled, If his face had been in the frame for a few more seconds, it would have exploded.

Yeah... Yeah... It would have exploded in heat. I know that I am super-hot., he said, laughing.

I shot him a shut-up-and-walk glance and we all burst out laughing. Our guide, Manish Sharma gave us one weird look before he continued to lead the way.

By now the pathways has become very steep and narrow. The plants and trees on the either side brushed my arms and a few tree branches curved over the path. We were all out of breath as we progressed through the jagged and bumpy pathway with rocks all over. It was one of the toughest trek for me. After some time we were finally on top of the falls.

I gasped at the view. I went across the infinity pool and stood over the edge of the rise. It was a magnificent view as my eyes outlined over the stony highland wrapped around by the green deposit with a pool of pristine blue liquid underneath.

We stood amazed for a few moments until Riya whispered, This view is worth my aching limbs, still gazing over the distance.

Yes, totally, said Aravind.

Okay, lets head to the pool. We have lot more funs left. said Krish.

Varun jumped into the pool, splashing water on us.

Riya grabbed my camera and started taking pictures of the view while we were unbuckling our backpacks to get into the pool. I flunk my backpack over a distant rock. Suddenly, a sharp squeal hit my ears. I turned towards the direction of the scream and I see Riya losing her balance and tripping over. I ran towards her and then .a splash. She fell into the pool clenching my camera. The other tourists over there gathered around. Our guide panicked and hurried over to her.

Thank God, you didnt fall the other way, said Krish rushing over.

Were you dreaming standing over the edge of a 300 feet falls? I shouted angrily.

She pushed the wet hairs over her face and gasping for air.

I am sorry. I am fine now. I didnt know how I lost balance. I am fine now. Relax all. she replied still panting.

Niki and Aravind hurriedly made her sit over the rock by the side pool of the pool. Our guide assured us that she was fine. The crowd around us started dispersing. Riya was consoling us that she was alright. It was not a big deal since she fell into the pool but my heart clenched on the thinking if it happened the other way around. She tugged my arm as I was staring at her face aloof.

I am fine now. Relax. It was an accident but I am safe now. she said and hugged me breaking me from my thoughts.

I hugged her back and closed my eyes in relief that shes alive.

Its time for a group hug exclaimed Varun and clasped his arms around us followed by others.

Fine, all. Its too much emotion for a day I laughed breaking away from the hug.

My eyes caught the camera in her hand which was now dripping wet. I was furious now.

Holy shit. My handy cam, I yelled as I grabbed the camera, turned it off, removed the battery and the lens. This camera holds a lot of memories and I was hoping it should work fine.

Well get back to the room and examine this. Now lets enjoy yar, shouted Varun and waded into the pool.

I frowned at him. Aravind grabbed the things from my hands and tossed them into my backpack.

Maybe well put it in a bag of rice and it will be alright, Riya suggested as she put her arms around my shoulder.

What? I stared at her.

My mind was now running between whether should I feel angry that she soaked my camera or feel happy that she didnt fall the other way? Fine. I choose the latter.

I take charge for your handy cam. It will reach you safe and sound, she said with a serious face.

The way she said made me laugh.

I stood up, put on a serious face and replied, I trust you. And we both burst out laughing. My leg stumbled and then .splash.

I fell into the pool.

Here we go again said Niki laughing and jumped into the pool.

In no time we were all into the pool wading around and splashing water on each other.

Later, we dried ourselves and had our packed breakfast over the rock – strewn space around the pool relishing the view.

I wonder what more adventure is awaiting us!!!