• bathtime (alex x reader)

wc: 445
alex x reader
summary: i was feeling soft and this happened i'm sorry
also ty for 3k reads wtf that's mad
_____

as much as dancing hurt, after hours and hours of stretching, conditioning and moving in precise articulate ways, you wouldn't stop doing it for anything. you loved flowing through the air to the celestial beat, drowning softly in your own emotions. you loved being able to creep everyone out by clicking your hips from all the split stretching. and most of all you loved being able to express yourself when words failed you and you were too upset to communicate your feelings; just playing a song and moving around to its rhythm and beats for a couple minutes always soothes you.

however it did mean that almost every night you stumbled into you, george and alex's shared apartment, massaging another pulled muscle. no matter what alex was doing at the time, when he saw you hobbling through the door, he'd immediately launch into protective boyfriend mood. he'd try pick you up, failing because you were two inches taller than him, and the pair of you were so tired. so he'd help you into his room, where he'd help you undress and let you relax on his huge king size bed, while he went to run a bath. soon enough he'd come back in and you'd sink into the warm water, him usually giving up after a while and joining you.

tonight was no different. as you rested your head on alex's shoulder, the two of you submerged in warm water and bubbles, you could feel your eyes threatening to close. you hummed, content with alex's arms around you, one hand gently stroking your shoulder. his head was rested on yours, and he pressed gentle kisses in your hair.

the only light illuminating the room was two candles, one on the sink, and one on the closed toilet seat. you could smell the rose bath bubbles alex had used, and the faint mist of his cologne. the only sounds were the movements of the water, and alex's breath on your head and neck.

you yawned, and cuddled further down into his arms. 'what did you do today?' you asked, eyes sliding shut from how relaxed and tired you were.

'just filming, editing, nothing interesting,' he sighed. 'i missed you today. george tried to recreate your lasagna, and it was such a fail,' you chuckled, picturing george trying and failing to cook.

'i'm don't have practise tomorrow, i'll cook it just for you don't worry,'

'after can we lie in bed with the lasagna and just chill?'

you laughed and nodded.

alex exhaled and the arms slung around you tightened. 'i love you,' he mumbled tiredly, kissing your cheek and jaw. you softly smiled. 'i love you too alex,'

dont forget to vote if you enjoyed :)