• dissolve (george x reader)

wc: 685
george x reader
summary: george is swept away by a potential new editor he meets
warnings: none
——
george also thought that he had a level head about him. he was the most calm and responsible out of his group, and was somewhat thought of as a leader. that was, until he met y/n.

george had been looking for an editor for sometime now and no one seemed to really meet his criteria. application after application he had just turned them all down and given up. one night as he was scrolling through the dark depths of youtube he stumbled across (your channel name). he was immediately intrigued by their unique style and the smooth feeling of the video. he clicked on the business email in the description, and sent a hasty email explaining how he needed an editor and they had caught his eye. y/n must had just as fucked a sleep schedule as he did and he received an email back at 5:30am less than 2 hours after he had initially reached out.

next weekend he was sat in the local starbucks, anxiously waiting to meet y/n. she had sent him a link to her instagram so they could dm and if he had to be honest he had hardcore stalked and she was very pretty. they'd texted over the week, becoming a lot closer than george had anticipated, and honestly he thought she was a great person. but this was the first time they would meet in real life and george was nervous. he bounced his leg up and down in the chair, sipping at the strong coffee. he grimaced: george didn't really like black coffee but he wanted to make a good impression.

a timid looking girl came into the coffee shop and looked around. after she spotted a boy sitting by the window, where george had told her he would be, she walked over to him. george someone coming closer out of the corner of his eye and looked up. he immediately recognized her. he grinned and stood up to shake her hand. 'you must be y/n' he said. she smiled. 'and you must be george,' they sat down.

the next two hours sped by as they discussed the job, editing plans and many bad puns on george's behalf. y/n glanced down at her watch and let out a gasp. she looked back up at george, blushing that she'd just done something weird in front of this cute boy she'd just met. 'sorry i have a lecture soon, i need to leave it was really nice to meet you!' she rummaged through her bag pulled out a slip of paper and handed it to george. she then proceeded to speed out of the coffee shop a stupid grin on her face. george looked down and smiled at the little smiley face she had drawn beside her phone number.

he had only met her two hours ago and was already falling quickly. her soft y/e/c eyes and little cute laugh had woven a web that george was swiftly becoming trapped in. he packed his bag left a generous tip on the table (he was in a good mood after all) and made his way home to his apartment.

alex looked up from the couch, hearing the door open. george strode into the flat with a spring in his step. 'whats got you in a good mood?' teased alex. george blushes slightly. 'nothing,' he mumbled and turned around to speed away to his room. but alex wouldn't let him off that easily.
'was it that girl you were meeting today, did yous shag?'
george groaned.
'al shut up you lonely nonce,'
'yous did didn't you?'
'no alex we're not all pervy creeps like you,'
'well when are you seeing her next?'
george sighed. 'she's coming over tomorrow,'
alex first bumped in the air. 'finally i won't be friends with a virgin,' george flipped him off and escaped to his bedroom, alex's laugh ringing in the hall.