• times ticking away 2

word count: 1.1 k
fraser x reader
warnings: none
a/n: i didn't really know where to go with this so sorry if it feels forced. also thank you so much for 2k reads what the frick my dudes that's insane :)

__________

fraser stared at himself in the mirror, transfixed by the sorry state he was in. his eyes were red-rimmed from the constant crying and tears gathered threatening to spill down his flushed cheeks. his hair was stuck to the left from the combination of his nervous habit of running his hands through it and the grease that resided there. he grabbed a tissue from the box beside him and blew his nose. throwing the tissue in the bin, he walked out of the bathroom.

it had been a week. you were supposed to be back.

but the room next to james' was still empty.

meanwhile, in your friend's house, you were in a similar state. cuddled up in an oversized jumper of fraser's that you'd stolen, you made your way through countless ron cons and netflix series. you weren't really paying attention to the tv though, instead you scrolled through old photos of you and fraser, staring at the smiles on both your faces. you'd debated going back to your flat countless times with y/f/n but she had insisted that it wasn't healthy and you should stay here longer. however you couldn't deny the hollow ache in your stomach that had sat there since you were away from fraser.

clicking out of the photo app on your phone, you went to contacts. your finger hovered over fraser before pressing james' name. the phone rang for a few seconds before you heard a familiar 'hello.'

'hi james' you croaked. 'hey y/n,' he said. he sounded exhausted. 'so i uhh i was thinking that maybe i could go back to the flat now and i was just uh, i was just calling to uhh, just to see if uh-'

'yeah i think you should come back, fraser's really missing you,' he interrupted. 'i didn't want to tell you in case it worried you but he's not eating properly and he's not sleeping and he just stays in his bedroom all day' you chewed at your lip, your worst fears being confirmed. 'right, i'm coming back,' you said, a determination to your voice. 'i'll see you this evening, james,'

james was ecstatic. he really had missed his friend, not as much as fraser obviously, but he had missed you. he had missed you dancing around the kitchen and pretending to give out when the dishes weren't done. he was glad that you had made the decision to come back. on the other hand, he definitely wasn't going to hang around later on when you and fraser were talking.

'okay, guess i'll see you later then,' he grinned.

after shoving his phone in his pocket, james timidly went up to fraser's room. he knocked quietly on the door and heard a hoarse 'come in.'

fraser was lying down on the bed, fully clothed, staring at the alarm clock on his bedside table with a sorrowful expression on his face. james went over to the bed and sat down carefully on the end of it. 'hey, so i just got off the phone with y/n,' this sent a pain through fraser's chest -you had called james and not him? - but he quickly brushed it off and kept listening. 'they said that they've been thinking and they're going to come back tonight,'

fraser sprang up from the bed. 'really?' he whispered. james nodded a small smile on his face from his friend's newfound enthusiasm. 'they're coming home this evening, and i'll go to alex's to give you two some space to talk,' james almost muttered the last part. fraser nodded a couple times before standing up. he looked around at his usually pristine room. cups half-filled with tea, and glasses of water took over his bedside table, clothes were strewn all across the floor and there were even plates and saucers on the desk. 'right,' he said. 'it's time to fix this mess,'

james couldn't tell if he was talking about his room or y/n.

after shoving all your belongings back into the suitcase, and thanking your friend for everything she had done for you, you were off. it was almost seven o'clock, and still bright outside so you had decided to walk the twenty or so minutes back to the apartment, just to clear your head.

meanwhile, the apartment had been restored to its original cleanliness by james and fraser, and both of them were now anxiously waiting for your arrival.

at half seven there was a curt knock on the door; both james and fraser sprang up. james looked at fraser and raised his eyebrows before going to open the door. there you stood in the hall, clutching onto your suitcase, a scared look on your face. you smiled when you saw james and pulled him into a hug. 'missed you,' he said quietly and you smiled in response. then you saw fraser standing in the hall. he was hopping from one foot to another, nervously chewing on his lip. you dropped your suitcase and walked over to him, and flew into his arms. fraser almost seemed taken back, but soon rested his head on your head, given the height difference, and breathed in your scent.

james took this as his signal. 'just running to the shops for food, be back in an hour!' he chirped before speeding out the door.

you rested your head on fraser's shoulder, something you'd longed to do for a while now. he sniffed and you looked up at him, realising he was on the verge of tears. 'i-i'm so so sorry y/n,' he croaked, his voice breaking from the crying. he broke down, tears sliding down his cheeks. you hugged him harder, whispering soft reassurances. you guided him over to the couch, and the two of you sat down together.

you wiped away fraser's tears with your thumb, and pecked a kiss on his cheek. 'i-i want to apologise for how i acted,' he said, the carefully rehearsed apology he had going out the window. 'i acted like a fucking dickhead and i always kept so angry and i honestly don't know how i put up with me and sometimes you deserve so much better than me,' you cute him off, pressing your lips to his. the kiss was salty from the tears that had streamed down his face. you pulled away and offered him a small smile. 'fraser i love you so much, you know that. sometimes i will admit you get a bit caught up in the moment but believe when i say i wouldn't be here if i didn't love you with all my heart,' now it was his turn for a smile to form on his face.

he kissed you again, his arms wrapping around you. 'i love you more believe me,' he breathed, after pulling back.