Ch.35 - New Changes

Start from the beginning

I exhaled thinking back through all those horrible memories, "I just want this to go well. I'm putting a new life in theirs."

He looked at me, "That's why I believe you are an amazing mother in the world. I understand this is a huge step, it is for all of us. I can't wait to meet them."

I giggled a little, taking a long deep breath in, exhaling softly.

"Are the kids and I meeting you guys there?"

"Yea. I'm actually gonna talk to the kids when Zed gets home."

The front door opened and Zed walked in with Jenna.

"Hey, Momma."

"Hi, sweetie."

I looked back at my phone, "That's my cue. I will talk to you when we are about to leave."

"Okay, honey. Love you."

"I love you."

We hung up and I looked up at Zed who was reaching for a snack cake in the cabinet.

"Zed, sweetie?"

"Yes?"

He opened the plastic and took a big bite of the cake.

"I need to talk to you guys about something. Go get your sister for me please."

He nodded and headed up the stairs.

(Devyn)

I talked to Xander while he was on lunch enjoying our time we have right now.

Xander smiled looking at me and I looked at him, "I wish to cuddle right now."

My bedroom door opened and Zed stood there looking at me, "Hey, Mom needs us downstairs."

"Okay."

He leaves my room and I look at my phone while Xander is talking to someone.

"Hey, I'll be right back, Baby. My mom needs me."

"Okay. Is everything alright?"

"I'm about to find out."

I got up from my bed and I blew him kisses as he blushed.

After I set my phone down, I headed downstairs finding my Mom at the island with Zed and Jenna.

"You needed us?"

"I do. I wanted to talk to you two especially about something. You don't have plans do you?"

"No, Xander wanted to come over and spend the evening with me. That was all. Why?"

She took a deep breath, "So, Liam and I made reservations for dinner so we can meet him and his family."

My eyes widened and Zed's mouth fell open, "Wait...what?"

"You want us to meet?"

"Yes?"

I look at Zed and he seemed okay...me, I was nervous. Like what if he hates me. He judges his girlfriends teen daughter is pregnant.

Oh god.

"So...what time?"

....

After talking with my Mom and Zed, I headed back upstairs and I grabbed my phone.

"Hey, why do you look terrified?"

"So, Mom wants us to go to dinner and meet her boyfriend and his family. I'm nervous."

"I'm sure you're going to be okay, Baby. It's a dinner. She wants a better life for herself too."

I nodded understanding his points, "I was going to ask, would you like to come with me? It's a fancy restaurant so dress sharp."