20

Chapter 20: Reading Capture the Flag Becomes Lethal

*Time skip – 1 year, 4 months*

"Have you heard? The whole of Williamsburg Bridge was destroyed!"

"I am pretty sure everyone has heard of it by now, it seems like a really big deal," Athena muttered and glanced at Zeus who was reading the book.

Zeus had a scowl on his face as he read a few paragraphs ahead in his mind, only to wince as the but of Poseidon's Trident hit his head. He glared at his brother who just grinned and shrugged, and indicated to the book.

"Outloud brother, we shant hide any knowledge of what is up to come, war is on the horizon." he spoke calmly and motioned to the book.

With another glare to where Kronos sat snickering Zeus dusted imaginary dust off his clothes and began to read out loud.

Percy was pretty sure that was the only thing he heard the whole morning, and he was starting to think everyone was saying the same thing just to get on his nerves. So what if the American states were going frantic about the apparent terrorist attack? He had his own problems to deal with.

"Are you ready for capture the flag tonight?" Darren was asking from across the table.

"At a time like this?" Aphrodite sniffed. "No time for games!" she said and added another layer of nail polish on her toe.

Though many of the gods, Titans, and demigods stared at the goddess of love in surprise, haven't expected her to speak up in the times of war, Ares meanwhile wore a proud smile.

"Gosh, that is stinky, how do girls put that on!" Artemis said and waved her hand in Aphrodite's direction.

"A lady must always look beautiful and proper Arty," the goddess of love said and stared challengingly at Artemis.

Percy shrugged. "The same as all the others, I guess."

"Who are we playing with?" Darren asked curiously. "Is it Athena cabin?"

Percy rolled his eyes. "Duh. Who else would we be allying with?"

"Athena and Poseidon teamwork at its best," Percy quiped and looked at his father who was staring at Zeus who was reading. Like everyone else he wanted all the knowledge of what was going to happen and prevent it. Well as best he could since they would be changing the future for the best or the worst.

Darren grinned. "Awesome. Who else?"

"Uh… Ares, Hermes, Hypnos, Demeter, Iris, Nemesis, Hades, and the twins."

"This is gonna be so cool," Darren muttered as he ate his lunch.

"Lunch is the most important meal of the day, and with that said; snacks are in order here," Demeter tapped her weapon of power and everyone had food, a plate with half a sandwich apple slices and some veggies. "Enjoy," she bit an apple slice.

Coughing Zeus took a sip from his goblet and proceed with the book. (*)

Percy hummed. "Hopefully we won't get our flag taken."

Darren nodded. "Yeah, that wouldn't be that good."

"Ready for the afternoon?" Percy asked with a grin as he stood up.

Darren nodded. "I guess I have to be, don't I?"

"That's the spirit," Percy smirked as he jogged out of the pavilion to get to the arena and start his session with the immortal campers.