Part 12

I look up at Jackson and pull away, embarrassed.

  "What?" He asks, eyebrows furrowed. I don't want to ask him what we are. I'm afraid of rejection.

  "Nothing," I lie. I look at the floor. "We should probably get back to the room.." I tell him. He takes a small step towards me and I don't move. He doesn't believe me. Crap. He squats so that I'm forced to look at him. He just looks at me, waiting for the truth.

  "Really, nothing," I tell him. He's not satisfied with my lie. I back away from him, becoming uncomfortable. "I need to go down to the lobby really quick," I say.

  "For?" He asks. I quickly make something up.

  "Air. Just going to go outside for a minute," I say.

  "Is that not why you were just down there?" He asks. Shit.

  "It was! I just remembered that I left my phone down there!" I say, lying to cover up for my lie.

  "Your phone is on the counter," he tells me. Shit.

  "Yeah... I left my other phone.." I say, getting redder and redder.

  "You have two phones?" He crosses his arms.

  "Yeah... One for the plug and one for the load..." I tell him. He narrows his eyes, and turns around, walking back to the room.

  "I call bullshit. Text me with your other phone when you find it," he says. Well shit.

  "I will!" I say before he opens our door and disappears.

  I actually do end up in the lobby and sit down there until their manager/driver walks in. He gets on the elevator, and I wait a couple minutes before going to the bathroom. I stand in there for over 10 minutes, waiting until I think they are for sure out of the hotel.

  I take the elevator back up to our floor and grab my key card. When I'm about to open the door, I hear them talking.

  "Sam! Hurry up! We're going to be late!" Payton yells.

  "I'm hurrying! If she wouldn't have taken a shower before getting us up, we'd all be out the door already! Selfish bitch!" Sam yells. My eyes widen in shock. He's never talked that way about anyone, literally ever. He really does hate me. I feel the lump in my throat reappear and my eyes begin to water, but that sadness turns into anger really quick.

  I open the door and watch as they all look at me. Jackson was mid sentence when I walked in and looked flustered, but my anger drowned everything else.

  I find Sam, and his eyes are full of something. Regret possibly. Fear? Instead of screaming like I had planned to, I spot my suitcase, backpack, and purse. I walk into the bathroom, quickly collect my stuff, shove it in my suitcase, get my phone, and zip everything up. I sling my purse on my shoulder, put my backpack on, and pick up my suitcase.   They're all staring at me the entire time. Jackson realizes what I'm doing and says something, but I can't hear him. It's just me and Sam in the room. Tension builds until I can't take it anymore.

  I walk up to him and throw my key card at him. "FÛCK YOU!" I scream. Turning around, I finally see Jackson.

  "Hazel.." He pleads. I can't turn back now though. I walk up to him, drop my suitcase, and wrap my arms around his neck. I feel him wrap his tightly around my waist. "Please don't leave," he whispers so that only I can hear him.

  "I'm sorry," I whisper back. I pull away, but his arms tighten. I place my palms on his chest, pushing away.

  I pick my suitcase back up and walk out of the door. Sam says something, but I couldn't care less. I flip him off before slamming the door.

  I run to the elevator and slam my hand on the buttom probably a hundred times before it opens. I press the 1 and wait for the doors to close. I see the room door open, but don't see who comes out.

  I walk confidently out of the lobby doors, thinking about what to do next. I look up the nearest bus stop, which is only a mile away.

  As I walk to the bus stop, I think about how I'll get home. Shit!!! There aren't any flights for a few days!!! I decide that I'll catch a bus to a hotel and spend a few nights there until I can get a flight.

  I show up to the bus stop around 20 minutes later and sit down on the bench. My shoulder is sore from carrying the suitcase. I go online and look at some eligible hotels.

***

  I choose a seat towards the back of the bus and plop down, exhausted for no reason. I look at my phone.

7 missed calls: Jackson
12 messages: Jackson

  I power off my phone and lean against the window, ignoring him for now.

  I watch as we pass trees and houses and huge buildings, starting to fall asleep.

  I'm startled out of my daze when the bus drivers voice booms through the speakers, announcing that we have come to my stop.

  I stand up and collect my belongings, struggling a little bit. I walk down the aisle, my suit case occasionally bumping into people. I apologize to everyone and finally get off the bus.

  I open google maps and use the GO feature to figure out where I'm going.

  I come across the hotel a few minutes later, thank god. I thought my arm was going to fall off due to this suit case.

  It's a nice hotel. Not as good as the other one, but it's nice.

***

  I end up on the 2nd floor. Great. I get to hear everyone stomping everywhere.

  I walk into the room and am satisfied with it. It's small, but it's fine. There is one bed, a nightstand, a dresser, closet, a TV. Then there is a small bathroom and a small kitchen.

  I put my stuff down and turn my phone on. More missed calls and texts from Jackson.

Jackson:
Hazel?
Please come back
Please
Hazel?
Where are you going to go?
Hazel!?!?
Seriously. Come back.
You can't just leave! Not like that!
You said you weren't going to leave.
Answer me!
You can't even go home! No flights!
You're just going to keep ignoring me?
Please. I'm fucking begging you. Come back.
I don't know what I'm going to do without you here.

  My heart hurts reading this, but I can't go back. Sam hates me, and Payton and Josh think I've ruined their tour, which I have.

  I call Jackson, and he picks up immidiently.

  "Hazel!?" He says frantically. I can't answer when I hear the worry in his voice. The lump in my throat comes back.

  "I'm really sorry," I barely get out. I burst into tears.

  "No! No no no! Don't cry. Please. Just go back to the hotel and it'll be fine. We're at a meet and greet right now, but I'll see you when I get back," he says.

  "I'm not going back, okay? I'll be fine. I'm staying somewhere else for a few nights until I can get a flight back home," my voice breaks. "I ruined your tour enough," I finish.

  "Is that what you actually think? You didn't ruin it in any way. You made it ten times better!" He says.

  "No I really didn't," I tell him. "I have to go. I'll text you before I leave," I say, containing my sobs. He starts to say something, but I end the call and let everything out into a pillow.

  I scream in frustration and anger at Sam. I cry until I'm exhausted and fall asleep.

****

  Someone knocking on my door wakes me up. I check my phone. It's already 8 pm. Shit. I really just slept for 7 hours.

  I run to the bathroom to make sure I'm decent enough to open the door. My face is tear stained and my eyes are red and puffy. I splash water on my face. The knocks get more persistent.

  I run towards the door and look through the peephole. What the hell?