Waking Up

Touka woke to find herself on the bed with a comforting warmth behind her that formed to each curve of her body. Looking down, she found a pale hand with dark nails resting right above her hip. Then it hit her. Pushing off the body and dropping to the floor, she rolled to her feet and faced Kaneki with blazing eyes and a stance that was physically ready to fight.

"What the hell!?" She screeched as the white haired boy looked up at her with relaxed silver eyes.

His response was way to calm for her liking. "You didn't look comfy on the floor, so I put you on the bed."

"You know what I mean!" She growled fiercely, eyes blazing with her usual fire.

Kaneki's eyebrows furrowed for a second as he though of what she meant. Oh. The sleeping next to her part. "You looked cold and you were on all the blankets. I didn't want to wake you."

Touka's glare remained hard as she spoke with a tone as sharp of a knife "Don't. Get. Used. To. It." With that, she spun on her heels out out if the room and to the bathroom to fix her appearance. Changing into the extra pair of work wear that was kept in the bathroom, she brought a comb through her growing hair and decided that was enough. Feet tapping light against each worn wooden stair, she was heading toward the counter in the front room. Taking her position next to Nishiki, the orange haired ghoul instantly brought up a rather awkward conversation.
"So. Are you sleeping with Kaneki or something?"

This question caused Touka's cheeks to burn up, and she initially turned away to clean some dishes.

"I'm taking that as a yes."

"No! I'm not..."

"You seem disappointed about that."

"Lay off it! I'm not! You think I'd ever sleep with a guy who left us a year back!?"

"Yeah."

"Shut your fu-."

Just as Touka was about to tell the ghoul some explicit words, Ken walked into the room wearing his old uniform with the same old eyepatch. Nishiki then grinned as he spoke.

"Touka wants to sleep with you."

Ken chuckled as he turned to Touka "Didn't we sleep in the same bed last night?"

Nishiki started to crack up as he was barely able to get an audible sentence out "Hah! Called it!"

Touka was becoming quite red in the face now. "Ken." She warned. "We did not sleep together."

"We were in the same bed though?"

"Uh- That's not what Nishiki meant."

Ken had to process this information and as soon as he understood, he let out a small laugh. "Oh, okay." Soon enough, the group broke off their conversation to get to work in getting orders complete.

After a bit of greeting the many customers in the shop, Touka noticed Kaneki staring, no, more like glaring, at one woman who almost looked like she could be his mother. Turning to Ken, she grabbed his shoulder to get his attention from the customer. From behind her she heard a "Just kiss already." but thoroughly ignored it. Leaning in toward Ken's ear and lowering her voice she spoke in a harsh tone "You can't go around looking like you want to kill some if these people." The silver eyed boy just glanced at her as his glare returned to the woman. Touka then grabbed Ken's wrist and dragged him into the back room which earned them a "Use protection." From Nishiki. Bursting back through the door, she gave the ghoul a slight piece of her mind which included threatening to hang him from his legs and feed him to some stray dogs and poisoning his next meal. Walking back the Ken, she grabbed ahold of his shoulder again. "Who was that. You obviously want then dead."